3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Menus/Planning/Accountability #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/146497-menus-planning-accountability-5-a.html)

suitejudyblueeyes 07-16-2008 10:17 AM

Menus/Planning/Accountability #5

We use this space to post our menus when ever we get the chance, either in an effort to plan ahead or to remain accountable for choices made. If you'd like to just post a menu, that's perfectly fine, although we all agree that posting points for your foods as well can be incredibly helpful for those browsing here for ideas!

Enjoy!

sotypical 07-16-2008 12:51 PM

Wednesday

E: 70min walk/jog +5AP

B: low fat yogurt (1) w/ dried cranberries(1); protein/fiber shake (3); coffee w/ cocoa (1)

S: strawberries (0); half a bagel (3.5) w/ laughing cow cheese (1) and salmon lox (1.5); green tea (0)

L: whole wheat pita (2) w/ taziki (1), salmon lox (2) and pickled asparagus (0); organic greens (0) w/ sliced almonds (1) and 5 cal dressing (0)

S: apple (1); cheese nips (2)

D: chicken rice thing I never made last night... still dont know points

21/25
4 left + 5AP

michelle127 07-16-2008 08:55 PM

Someone please look this over and make sure I'm getting my 8's. I could also use some ideas to get more points in. Modkit suggested nuts - getting some tomorrow.

B - LS Oatmeal (2), coffee with cream (1)

L - 1/2 tuna sandwich (5), 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (0), yogurt (1)

D - 5 oz. hamburger patty (6), cheese slice (2), green beans w/almonds (2), apple sauce (1)

I plan to eat a SF pudding (1). I guess I could eat some trail mix - 6 points.

The obvious answer is to eat more often, but what?? I've been eating all prepackaged stuff for 6 months - I need some ideas.

Thanks!!

lawyer2be371 07-16-2008 09:05 PM

Hey

CAn someone please help me come up with a menu for at least two weeks. I am struggling, I joined WW in May of 2008, but based on my work schedule I need plan to the tee, I need them prepared a week in advance and so I can greab them and go!

I normally work from 9am-9pm, or 12noon-12am, I need help cause I'm leaving the house and I dont have nothing in my hand, I dont have time to fix breakfast lunch or dinner at work, so I'm eating on the go again

Chey 07-16-2008 09:13 PM

lawyer... first of all, what types of foods do you like? Do you have access to a fridge/freezer/microwave where you work or are you packing a lunch in a cooler? Do you have breaks, how long is your lunch? Can you eat at a desk or is that not an option?

I know the other thread on the menus/planning/accountability has an abundance of menus that you could use depending on what you have available to you.

Jennie527 07-17-2008 12:46 AM

B Oatmeal (3) Blueberries (0)
L HUGE salad with chicken, Feta cheese, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, and balsamic vinaigrette (6.5) Cottage cheese (2.5)
S 100 cal cookies (2)
D Chicken Sandwich, black beans, and broccoli from Chili's "guilt free" menu (10)
S Sm chocolate Frosty (7)

31/39
No exercise today :(

Jennie527 07-17-2008 12:52 AM

Hey Lawyer- I saw in Krogers the other day near the "natural foods" section that a company has started packaging individual rice portions. They even had brown rice. :) You could get some of those and then throw some meat and veggies and a sauce in a Steamfresh bag and take it to work. It will marinate overnight (if you make it the night before) and through the day and then you heat/cook it up in the microwave and heat the rice up and you would have one fantastic meal.

Jane 07-17-2008 07:43 AM

Hi Lawyer, a big :welcome: to 3FCs, and especially to the Weight Watcher forum. Here's the link to the last Menus/Planning/Accountability thread with lots of good ideas:

http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143166

Hope this helps. :)

suitejudyblueeyes 07-17-2008 08:23 AM

Lawyer, I agree with the others - Take a look at past menus/planning threads to get tons of great meal ideas, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any :)

Thursday's plan:

I'm not even sure why I'm trying to plan this. We are going out to an Indian place for lunch because a coworker is leaving, and then dinner will be had at my dad's house and I have no idea what will be there. I'm sure it will be healthy I just can't even begin to guess what it will be.

B: oatmeal (2), 1/4oz walnuts (1), dried fruit, splash of almond milk (1)
L: Indian food - I will choose vegetarian options (They have this awesome cabbage dish) with some rice. Will spend about 8?
S: nectarine (1), plum (0.5, but i don't usually count halves)
D: whatever at my dad's house - I have plenty of points (13) to spend on that, so I should be fine. Will update later tonight.

E: run = lots of APs... 4 or 5.

suitejudyblueeyes 07-21-2008 08:47 AM

Monday:

B: banana (2), tbsp pb (3), wrap (1)
S: 2 lf waffles (2)
L: quinoa and veg (5), pear (1)
D: homemade pizza... 12? (Ate too much of it, it was about 5pts per HUGE slice, and I ate two and a half (which is a giant amount, you have no idea).).
S: bowl of cereal (5) - yeck, the eating just kept going...

=31/26, 5 APs used

E: 50m walk/jog

Jennie527 07-21-2008 09:51 PM

Whattaday today was! My bulk of points is at lunch and I barely eeked by with dinner.

B Curves cereal (2) 1% milk (2) med banana (1.5)
L Beef burrito (6.5) Beef Enchilada (6) Refried beans (5)
S 2 Chocolate chip cookies (7)
E 10 min Wii Fit (1 AP)
D Spaghetti noodles (7) Sauce (1) Lettuce (0) Dressing (1)
S WW String cheese

40/39 1 activity point swapped

suitejudyblueeyes 07-22-2008 09:09 AM

Last night's dinner went a bit overboard - just plain ate too much. Went for a 50m jog though, so I managed to counteract it a bit... Fact remains I felt gross and overstuffed.

Tuesday:
B: banana (2), wrap (1), pb (3)
S: lf waffles (2)
L: lean cuisine (4), nectarine (1)
S: lf yogurt (3), fig newtons (2)
D: baked potato (4), vegetarian chili (3)
S: dark chocolate (1), cereal (3)

=29/26, 3 FPs used

=24/26 so far

MotorCityGal 07-22-2008 10:59 PM

Today is my first day, so any input welcomed…

Tuesday-
B: Banana (2) Yogurt (2) one pc bread w/low cal butter (2)
S: Cucumber slices 1 cup (0)
L: ½ wheat pita with 2 oz of turkey, mustard and lots of lettuce (3)
1 c. of grapes (1), 1 cup of veg soup (0)
S: 1 c. cheerios, ½ cup skim milk (2), banana (2)
D: english muffin with PBJ (6) cup of veg soup (0)
WW snack bar (2)
E; 1 hr. walked 3 miles

Total: 22/24
Not sure how to get the oils in, and I think I need to drink another ½ glass of milk.
Well overall I think today went well.

suitejudyblueeyes 07-23-2008 08:45 AM

Diane - :welcome:

To get the oils in you might try having a small salad dressed with olive oil and vinegar, or use it to dip some bread in, or if you cook something for dinner one night you can sautee your chicken or veg in it. Others mix it with milk and swear they can't taste it, still others are brave enough to just swallow it down. I primarily use it to dress vegetables or cook dinner in! For my menu today, both of my oils are counted in the dishes I am eating for lunch and dinner - 1 tsp in the stew, 1 tsp in the bean and barley salad.

Wednesday:

B: 1c Kashi U cereal (3), 1c almond milk (1)
L: lentil and artichoke stew (5), spinach salad with some blueberries, 1/4oz walnuts (1), 1 T lf dressing (1)
S: nectarine (1), 1oz almonds (4)
D: black beans, barley, tomatoes, jalapeno (7)

And then.... BOO

2 pieces of dark chocolate (2), frozen waffles (4), some pb (2), cereal (2)

Which gives me 33/26. I earned 4 APs, so I only used 3 FPs with all my TOM-induced munchery, but I am still annoyed that I let myself do that.

MotorCityGal 07-24-2008 09:42 AM

Wednesday:

B: Banana (2) 1c. cheerios 1/2 c. ff milk (2) coffee w/ff creamer?
S: WW bar (2), veg soup (0)
L: muffin with 1 egg and lf cheese (5), 1c. grapes
S: 1c. cucumbers (0), 1 c. watermelon ((1)
D: turkey saus (4) salad w/tsp lt dress (1) sf jello w/cool whip (2)
also 2 graham crackers and cup of ff milk (5)
E: 1 hour/3 miles walking

Today is my second day and I am feeling good. This weekend I am working at a famers market from 6am-1. I am a little nervous, It is right behind a great harvet bread company-but I am going to take a cooler with lots of food so I don't jump ship :)

25/24