Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default New to WW (this week) how much $ is a good deal on membership?

At the WW site, it says 3 mos for $65 - is that a good deal, or are there coupon codes some place? And does that also include attending local meetings? Plus the etools?
Thanks !
I'm in a support group over on that board called "That 70s show", 'cause most of us want to drop around 70 pounds ...if anyone wants to join us there please feel free
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure what the price you saw included, it should probably say that somewhere near the price.

Registration is typically $35, but they very, very frequently run promotions which waive the registration fee. When I joined they were running one, and I know they were running one recently - maybe you can hold off joining formally until they're running another? And just follow the program based on public info found here for now? (If the money is an issue.)

For attending meetings, you have three options. If you want to go to meetings but don't want to pay for a bunch at once, you can pay $12 per meeting. You can also buy a multi-week meeting pass, good for 10 weeks, and it averages out to $10-something per week. The third option is a monthly pass, which also gives you access to eTools and all the WW Online stuff, and that averages out to about $9 per meeting (so it is cheapest, includes the most perks, but requires a greater commitment).

Those are what I know of - I know you can also subscribe to WW@home, or just eTools alone... but since I'm a meeting-goer I don't know how much those would cost.

suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Perhaps this is something specific to your region, and if it it's really 3 mos/$65, it's a good deal. Not all areas run the same specials at the same time. My WW region is the Philadelphia region. For a couple months in there, they were waiving the registration fee, and that's when I joined so I could get my startup materials, get a starting weight, and understand the program better. I know they were also running a $55/so many meetings thing. I didn't sign up for it, but it was a savings.

Are you looking at WW online, or a meeting? I can't remember what the deal is for Online. I think they had a little bundle of some kind like that.

But if it's 3 mos of meetings for $65...wow. If you went to 4 meetings a month, that's only $5-something/meeting, which is a good deal!

As Jaime said, you can sign up and pay per meeting. But if you do miss a meeting, you pay for it the next time you're there. In our area, it's $14/meeting. In my mom's area, it'd be $12/meeting. It really varies according to where you are and I guess your region. We're not in a high cost-of-living area, but I think Philly is. So I guess we get lumped in with that. The best deal is when your area waives the registration fee. It saved me $25 when I signed up because of that. But I'm not sure when the next round would be.

Either way, Weight Watchers is great . Hope you at least check it out! Good luck!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I know that the online version of WW is $65 for 3 months and then $17 a month after that. I think that is what you saw. If it is, then, no, that does not include going to local meetings. That is just to belong to the online part. That is what I am doing. I really like it thus far. I go to TOPS meetings as well once a week. It is more of a diet support group without a structured diet plan (thus the reason I am doing WW online). Overall, it is cheaper for me to do both of these then belong to a face to face WW group. TOPS only costs me $24 a year and 50 cent dues per week.
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #5  

If you want local meetings and e-tools you don't want to do WW online. You can sign up on the WW sight for the monthly pass which gives you those for $39 a month. I liked it a lot.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #6  

Like Susan, I love the monthly pass.
kahnfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I do the monthly pass too
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote