3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   Day one! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/145201-day-one.html)

TehPatty 06-30-2008 09:47 PM

Day one!

So today is day one for me! I don't go to meetings because I can't afford it, however, my mother goes to meetings so if I need any guidance she is there to help me. I really like Weight Watchers! It's so much easier for me to follow than South Beach was because I can still eat my favorite foods and not feel guilty! :dance:

kahnfv 07-01-2008 01:13 AM

:welcome2: Looks like you've got a good start 20 lbs. already gone! :bravo:
Was that on South Beach?

auntie g 07-01-2008 07:32 AM

I love the flexibility of Weight Watchers! Good luck with the new program, Patty!!!

wendymeows 07-01-2008 10:24 AM

Good Luck to you! I have been doing ww since March without going to meetings and I have done just fine. I come here for support and ww questions if I have them! ;)

luvmyfam 07-01-2008 10:50 AM

Welcome, and best wishes with it! I, too, love the flexibility of WW. I tried the SBD about 3 different times and never made it past about 5 days before quitting. Even though the most restrictive time only lasts 2 weeks, I could just never get past not being able to have fruit, or a bowl of cereal, or a wrap or sandwich for those 2 weeks.

WW is set up in a way that even though I'm stumbling as I'm going, I keep WANTING to get back on-track. I'm not sick of it; I'm not throwing in the towel. I WANT to succeed at it.

The WW board here is GREAT. I am also doing it at-home, and come for the support here. Please lean on everyone here for as much support as you need!

TehPatty 07-01-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahnfv (Post 2249350)
:welcome2: Looks like you've got a good start 20 lbs. already gone! :bravo:
Was that on South Beach?

Surprisingly, that was simply from me packing my lunches instead of eating out every day at work. I would go to the local coney places and fast food joints for lunch just about every day. My mom always had good food in the house for lunches but I always was too lazy to pack mine. Now it's a ritual! And I'm saving a lot of money by doing that as well. Two birds with one stone! I'm thinking with a little more structure and walking/biking more I'll meet my goal a lot easier!!

TehPatty 07-01-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmyfam (Post 2249948)
Welcome, and best wishes with it! I, too, love the flexibility of WW. I tried the SBD about 3 different times and never made it past about 5 days before quitting. Even though the most restrictive time only lasts 2 weeks, I could just never get past not being able to have fruit, or a bowl of cereal, or a wrap or sandwich for those 2 weeks.

WW is set up in a way that even though I'm stumbling as I'm going, I keep WANTING to get back on-track. I'm not sick of it; I'm not throwing in the towel. I WANT to succeed at it.

The WW board here is GREAT. I am also doing it at-home, and come for the support here. Please lean on everyone here for as much support as you need!

That was my problem with SB too. I LOVE my fruit and whole grain breads and pitas. It was just too hard for me to not be able to eat an apple if I wanted a snack. (Apples are my fav!)