Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Favorite Low Points Foods

I don't usually post over here but I've been on WW for awhile now (more than a year!) and I USUALLY stick with core. But my weight loss has stalled for the past 4 months so I am re-energizing with flex. I'm also trying to rearrange my points because I tend to be hungriest at supper but I have a feeling it's because I don't eat enough during the day.

My problem is that I am a volume eater! I love big fluffy foods (like salad) that make me think I'm eating a ton of food. I'm stuck in a rut though so I thought I'd ask you what your favorite sides, snacks, desserts, etc that are low in points but high in volume!

What fills you up and leaves you satisfied without breaking the points bank?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #2  

Single serve microwave popcorn (94% fat free) -- 1 point and I usually add something like garlic, grated cheese, etc. just for flavor.

Any steamed veggie -- I buy the microwave steam bags with flavoring.

Mini rice cakes (nacho flavor) -- the ones I buy are 10 cakes for 1 point.

And, here's a low point snack thread -- I haven't look at it for a while (forgot about it!!) thanks for reminding me to look for something new.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90367

Last edited by shelby897; 04-23-2008 at 01:41 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

That's actually a great question - I'm just the same way. I'd rather eat large volume of food for fewer points, though it might only be so I can fit in the really calorie-dense foods I love like nuts and avocado and stuff.

Popcorn is an easy choice, air-popped and seasoned.
Veggies are also too obvious to mention...

I guess there are things like making veggie fajitas, with portobello mushroom sliced instead of steak. If you aren't attached to the sour cream you can have a wrap full of veggies for one point (a low-carb high-fiber wrap), which I do for dinner sometimes when I need it!

8oz of shirataki noodles is zero points, you can top it with tomato sauce full of veggies and you get a technically zero-point spaghetti dinner. (I guess depending on what kind of sauce you use, I always make my own so I know it's 0.) Or you can stir in a laughing cow wedge and some broccoli to make a faux-alfredo - I've never done it but I hear it mentioned around here a lot. That'd only be 1 point for the cheese!

I love to have 1/2c of fiber one cereal in 1/2c of unsweetened almond milk, another 0 point meal. I'll often have this as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, it really sticks with you!

(Of course, you have to be careful with these 0 point things, eat too many of them and you'll have to start thinking about taking off a couple points. I'm sure you realize this, but just felt I should mention it. )

Otherwise grapes and strawberries in particular are good for bulk vs. points, since you get a cup and a half of them for one point...

Take a 1-point tortilla, spread on a laughing cow wedge, and add lettuce or other veggies for a nice, big 2-point wrap...

There are even certain tortillas you can find that are 0 points for one, 1 point for two, there's also FF cheese slices that are 0 points for one, 1 point for two so you can kind of make a weird quesadilla out of them.

These aren't necessarily things I'd depend on every day (except the fiber one and almond milk, mmm!), but they sure do help when you're in a tight spot with your points, or when you're looking to eat a good amount of food for as few points as possible.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #4  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

STIR FRY!
IF you make a vegetarian one with rice, TONS of veggies, and vegetarian chicken, it is only 4 points, and it makes me STUFFED
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote