Old 04-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 367.6 / 353.6 / 240

Height: 5'9"

Default Week 2: Another loss & I still feel down...

Man, I'm beginning to think I'm a major-league whiner. I lost 4.4 pounds this week and I feel utterly BLAH. I really wanted to hit 5 pounds.

Why was I aiming so high for my first two weeks? Because I know these will probably be the two most dramatic weeks and now I'm going to start seeing small losses (2-3 pound range). Also, even though these two weeks add up to -10.2, that's relative to my starting weight when I first joined back in October. So, if you start with my 10-2-07 weight of 363, that actually adjusts my total weight loss down to just -5.6. And if you compare that to my lowest weight from November (before I backslid at the Holidays), I'm actually only down 0.8 pounds!

Anyway, I know I'm over thinking all of this. But, the fact remains... I'm bummed out by not hitting -5 for the week.

Anyway, I'll try not to beat myself up about this:
buzzter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #2  
Juniors Mom

S/C/G: 256/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Why?

Why in the world would you be down? What a great loss! Every week is different. Sometimes you can stay on program and not lose (and yikes, even gain). It all averages out at the end of the month. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Juniors Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

there are no small losses! a loss is a loss! better than the alternative! stop beating yourself up and overthinking it! be happy with what you have accomplished and move forward!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #4  

I know you're right, and things will probably perk up later in the week.

But, for now, I don't feel it. I feel like I'm still in the past, trying to catch up to the present.

I strongly suspect that some of this is my blood sugar messing with me. If it doesn't stabilize by the end of the month I'm going to talk to my doctor about it.

Thanks for the comments, though! :-)
Old 04-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What in the world are you complaining about ? I hope for your sake that you never hit a plateau, I don't think you could survive that.You are putting too much pressure on yourself.Relax! You are doing great!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

buzz,
Congrats on two weeks of great losses

No need to feel blue, you are learning how to eat the way we are suppose to eat, No more Live to Eat, it now Eat to Live. That love/hate thing we have with food, it likes to play tricks with our minds. You are doing Great! and listen to the others that have posted, Just Relax
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #7  

I'm seriously beginning to think it's my blood sugar levels running amok. My mood swings today have been very extreme. My wife thinks I'm going through MANopause! :-)

I'm going to try an herbal supplement to see if it can help minimize my mood swings.

Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Buzz - I'm a little late on the reply here, but I have to say you've had an amazing first two weeks. 2-3 lb losses are in no way small! And I kind of wish you had never stepped on that scale back in October, because it's only causing you grief now! Please forgive me ahead of time for quoting Rent the musical, but... There is no future, there is no past, there is no day but today. You are down more than 10 lbs from your highest known weight. And next week you'll be down further... and the week after that further... etc etc.

Take it one day at a time You're getting there. You're just on the beginning of the journey, and honestly it gets harder from here on out, so ya can't let these things here & now bring you down yet!

Seriously, though, you're doing awesome!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote