Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #1  
Tryin again beats quittin

S/C/G: 232/186.6/160

Height: 5"6

Post Photo-Journey?

Ok, so today I went to my WI and was down 2.2lbs.. I was so excited at first, so I did the whole shopping for clothes thing and found I'm still the same size when it comes to my clothing.. waist really.. so I was a little down.
I asked my BF where the weight was coming off of?!? Because I really was not seeing a difference.. and I guess it was off of my head, because I went into comparing myself in photos to those before I started the program.. And I was really happy with what I found!

So even though I can't fit into a smaller size jeans yet, I can say my head is alot lighter, lol.

I don't know about anyone else, but if you guys want to start sharing photos of your weight loss, for motivation throughout the group, and whatever reason, I just wanted to put up this that I did today.

*finally feeling like I'm accomplishing something, and that makes a big difference.*

The left side of the picture is me now, at 211lbs. The right is me Christmastime at 232lbs.

Last edited by Tendalaya; 06-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Tendalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #2  
Vates

S/C/G: 268/243/150

Default wow

i can totally tell your "head" looks great!
Vates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #3  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #4  
The Last 10lbs!

Wow, there certainly is a difference! Well done!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Wow Tendalaya!

There is a huge difference in those pictures! You're lookin' fab!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

i lose and gain in my face first too. But WOW, that is a big difference since just christmas, you look great! Very inspiring.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

You look gorgeous in your photos, you can definitely tell a difference between them.

You know, I hear a lot of people saying they lose "from the top down," which I believe - I've lost some in my face and some around my shoulders and bust. Only a little has come off around my middle so far, but I expect it will continue moving downwards Maybe that's why you feel you've only lost from your head so far?
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Looking Good! pictures can say so much, you really can see a difference.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #9  

wow guys thanks alot for the props... It really makes me feel better..

and also, I promise not to keep stressing myself out about the waist thing, I guess I had just imagined that there was going to be some sort of magical happenings where automatically it came from the tummy first since that was the biggest part..

Slowly but surely right? Thanks alot you guys!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #10  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Tendalaya - it's funny that you mention your waist size. Really look at yourself in the mirror with those same pants on that you use to wear. They may fit in the waist, but look at the butt, thighs and hips. Are they looser than they were? I'll bet they are. I have the same issue with my work pants. I can still wear my size 16 pants to work because the waist fits, but the rest of that pair of pants is really loose. AND I went out a couple of weeks ago and bought new size 11 jeans! That was a huge accomplishment for me since I have seen an 11 for at least 16 yrs! It really depends on the cut/style of the pants.

The other thing I would ask is are you taking your measurements? I take mine weekly, but I think my WW leader recommends monthly. That will show you a lot also.

Your picture looks great, btw! Good job!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #11  

Wow fancy, I never thought about that part either.. I never ever did any measurements, because I didn't want to know, lol. But that's a really good suggestion.. So tomorrow I'll record them and next month check again.. Thanks! *And I'll probably start trying my clothes on again and see if they're looser haha*
Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #12  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Great job finding an NSV Tenda, you look great, seeing such a change in your face made me wonder, maybe we lose a teeny bit all over and that's why the clothes sizes don't change as fast as we think they should.

I remember also wearing pants that didn't feel that different in the waist but the butt and thigh areas were looser. Make sure you save at least one pair of pants or shorts from your highest, you'll be amazed later trying them on, I kept one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts. They tell you to get rid of all your big clothes except maybe one or two items to remind you.

I highly recommend taking measurements as well, the same thing happens to ev1 I think, we don't want to know, but later on you'll wish you had at first to see the diff. that's what the big pants will show you. I think that's one of the reasons I like the biggest loser, I always like seeing before and afters, one of these days I'll do mine...

best of luck, stick with it, you're doing fantastic!!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #13  
Size 18 here I come

S/C/G: 306/306/250

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the weight loss so far. i look forward to the day when i can look in a mirror and see that my head is getting lighter.

B.
bewat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya Bewat21!

Have a look around Keep on posting!

Best of success ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #15  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Wow, you can really tell the difference in those pictures Congrats!

I have some pictures in my "journey" thread. Click on the link in my signature! I really need to update though.

Last edited by modkittn; 04-17-2008 at 11:51 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote