Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #1  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Default "Unhealthy"

So, I'm in the middle of week 3, after joining WW, and last night was the first night I've been unhealthy since I started. I know it's an unfounded fear that one night of indulgence will throw me off track this week, but I'm having a "fat day" today.

I was invited to a wine tasting benefit, and since it was a good cause, I didn't want to say no. So, I limited myself to 2 glasses of wine, but I also had 3 appetizers (2 chicken taquitos and a spinach triangle) I went to the benefit with 20 points left for the day after breakfast and lunch, but then I also had a greek salad for dinner, I'm hoping I didn't go too much over my points. (I almost never touch my WPA, so I know I'm within my weekly points)

Is it weird to feel guilty about this?
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I don't see anything unhealthy about what you did. It sounds to me like you made some really good choices given the circumstances. 2 glasses of wine and 3 little appetizers? A greek salad? AND you say you had 20 points left over, not sure if that includes any FPs or not but that's a lot either way! I think your points more than covered you. I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty or "unhealthy."
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

its not all that bad it will be ok!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/149/127ish

Height: 5'4"

Psychologycally, it is absolutely normal for you to feel guilty about this. This is what you've been trained to do by every diet you've ever been on. Diets train people to group foods into "good" and "bad". Although there are foods that technically probably are "bad" for you, only because they don't offer any nutrients, if you want them, you shouldn't eliminate them from your diet. Weight watchers has desgined itself as a lifestyle, and is one of the best out there because it allows you to eat what you want, as long as you're within you points.

Wine only has 123 calories at max for a 6 oz glass, and has numerous health benefits. I read a study yesterday that said that having a diet high in resveratrol, the compound found in the seeds and skin of grapes (and also in peanuts, blueberries, cranberries) can extend the life span by as much as 80%.

so don't feel guilty about anything, feel proud that you helped a good cause
raiatheplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

It's not weird to feel guilty. But, you did everything right! You had what you wanted in moderation, you counted it, you enjoyed it
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

You need to have days where you splurge a little- that's life. We can't be on a diet 24/7! It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, and I'm SURE you ate way less than that. I read in 'The Insulin Resistant Diet" that you shouldn't weigh yourself for 2 days after a splurge, since the weight gain is all water. Like I said, you can't gain a pound of real weight until you consume 3500!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

I don't think you did poorly at all! Even if you had to use a flex point or two - that's what they are there for. Loosing weight won't stick if you disallow everything that you enjoy.
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #8  

I feel guilty when i do this too, But you did not make bad choice's in what you had. When i feel guilty after a fat day (like this last thursday when i met some highschool friend's for lunch). And i had plenty of point's to spare for the wk, When i got home i told (confessed,lol.) my dh what i had done he just looked at me and said "Baby sometime's you just have to live a little." You know what that really made me feel so much better or should i say a little less guilty. And i allway's get back on track right away.

Last edited by chuckie; 04-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

staja- that nasty Guilt thing, so hard to shake, and no, I also think you have nothing to be guilty of, that is as long as you enjoyed yourself, I think you did fantastic.

Right on Chuckie- Let me say you DH is totally right , sometimes you need to live a little, and like you said, get right back on track. That is why WW is so awesome, it's about living your life, nothing is off limits, you just need to account for it.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote