Old 02-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Every store i go into,

For the last 2 week's is Easter candy, OMG Robin Egg's i love those thing's and it's still week's away from Easter. Needless to say i'm out of the store in record time these day's Just so i don't give in and buy them, i could eat the whole bag by myself.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

Good for you for getting in and out of there quickly! I know I avoid the Easter/chocolate aisle at the grocery store even more these days as well!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hehe--I love Peeps. And pure sugar on a LC diet doesn't really work. Strangely enough, I haven't been even tempted by the Valentine's or Easter candies this year--I guess I'm finally in "the Zone".
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #4  

I was at the grocery store Saturday with DH and as we were heading towards checkout I passed a big Cadbury's display. I mindlessly picked up a creme egg -- we're talking I didn't even stop waking, that automatic -- then laughed when I saw it in my hand. I handed it to DH and he put it back for me.

That stuff only appeals to me in some bizarre automatic, subconscious way -- like, muscle memory almost. But my brain knows better, it knows there is nothing worthwhile in Easter/Valentines/any other holiday candy and so long as I think about it rationally I can usually resist.

Keep resisting!! The candy companies don't need your money!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #5  
The Last 10lbs!

Speaking of resisting, I still have a Valentine's Day chocolate heart that I haven't eaten! It's from Purdy's, too, so you know it's good! I calculated it out to 4 points, and I just haven't found a day where I've been willing to spend that on it. I would eat half and save half for later, but I think we all know that would never happen!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't even dare look at the Russel Stover display......
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #7  
I will succeed!!!

S/C/G: 277/270/180

Oh my, stay away from the candy.... I have to wear blinders so I know the feeling. I cant even buy the 1 point candies from Russell Stover because, well, if I eat one I'll eat the WHOLE bag. I am hoping that the fat free, sugar free puddings will help with my problem.
Tonight at 6 is my first WW weigh in, Im excited yet scared... Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Patti
Patti1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

Good luck Patti!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Those little robin's eggs are MY problem at Easter, too! Thank goodness I haven't come across any. Not that I'd buy them, but just that I'd be tempted to stare & drool at them too long.

Hey Patti Best of success at your WW meeting. Make sure to let us know how it goes & if you have any questions!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #10  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh my! Malted milk eggs are my favorite! I don't know if I could honestly ration them out as my points allowed it or not ???? It's probably best not to even try....
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #11  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Suite that's funny the autopilot, eh?

Last night I dropped DH off at his bowling and picked up my new glasses, so anyway as I'm driving around in the car I keep thinking I could get fries at MickeyD's, get some kind of coffee thing at Starbuck's, seeing billboards for coffee and donuts, etc. and I'm thinking to myself, this is just so weird, all I can think of to do is get something to eat and I don't feel like eating anything. I'm saying to myself, is that all there is to do around here? get something to eat? So I stopped by our bowling alley and and pre-bowled for our Sun. night mixed league because I'm travelling Sun.

Even walking around Walmart, I was like I could get some kind of candy and eat it and nobody would know, but I just didn't want to. Sometimes now when I look at candy and all those super-frosted cakes and stuff, all I see is sugar and fake bright colors and I think what kind of chemicals do they use to make that electric blue or pink??

I am amazed at how much Easter candy is out there, I remember at a meeting a long time ago, a lady was sharing about her Easter candy experience and how many times she bought the candy for the kid's baskets, because the stuff was out there so early and she kept eating it!!! She kept thinking, I'll just eat a couple of these, I can get more before Easter. Yeeps (my mom loves peeps, she nukes them for a couple seconds).

Anyhow, resist the candy, it's true, they're just trying to get as much money of yours as they can. Resist!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #12  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

oh my gosh! For me, it is the Reese's eggs! SOOOO good....a little explosion of reese's peanut butter...I used to eat like 10 of those numerous times a day!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #13  

Man, my love affair with Reese's cups ended two weeks ago when I realized that one regular-sized pb cup has 3 points in it. I found myself thinking, oh, it's small, it can't be more than a point or two. So I had two of them and found myself with 6 less points when I looked it up! Not worth it at all! Now if I have a reese's craving I'll just eat a dab of pb by itself... It seems to work

keli, I have that same exact feeling in my town. Is there anything to do around here besides eat?? Even if you just wanna go get coffee there's now cheesecake being sold in my favorite coffee place. People wonder why I stay home all the time -- there's nothing to do but go to restaurants or spend way too much to sit in a crummy theater to watch a movie (we don't have good theaters here). Sigh. Good job though on avoiding the coffee and doughnuts and coffee and electric blue sweet things
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #14  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

cadburry egss!! Love them!! so far so good at resisting!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #15  

I was in the store today a had a bag of robin egg's in my hand, saw 180 calories for 8 of them and said to myself "Yeah right i'm only going to eat 8 of them, maybe in my dreams lol" So i put them back.

Bizmax, i have a funny story abt cadburry egg's, When my dd was 3 My Mother made her a easter basket, and in it was a cadburry egg. My daughter put it the whole thing in her mouth & got it stuck. She could not bite down on it to break it up. I had a heck of a time getting it out, as it was wedged in there pretty good. My Mom & i still laugh abt it all these yr's. My dd will be 28yr's old this yr,lol.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote