Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  
I will succeed!!!

S/C/G: 277/270/180

Lightbulb Help with My Weakness Please

Ok, My biggest weakness is my snacks. I got the Pretzels at the last meeting, but the price really hurt. The next meeting will be my 1st weigh in.
Can some of you give me a few pointers as to what and where to get wholesome snacks, vegies and fruits excluded please....
I love the pretzels that I purchased at the WW meeting.
Thanks Bunches...Patti
Patti1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

My faaaavourite snack is Special K's Mini Breaks. They are little 99 calorie packs of oat-type squares and they come in two flavours. They are 2 points for a pack and really help me out when I am craving chocolate. You can probably get them at most grocery stores. While you're there, maybe looked at some other 100 calorie snack packs or some low fat/fat free popcorn. I believe there are 100 calorie packs of popcorn too. They're just enough for a good snack without going overboard. Maybe use snack time to get in some of your daily water too, as it will fill you up. Good luck with your first weigh-in!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #3  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

My DD and I used to purchase regular bags of snack items--baked chips, pretzels, crackers, popcorn etc. As soon as we got them home, we divided them up into appropriate portions. If the bag said serves 5 then we pulled out 5 sandwich or snack size ziplocs and divided the bag evenly into the 5 portions. This kept us in line. We could grab a baggie for lunch or a snack and didn't have to worry about sitting down and eating the whole bag of chips etc. This saved quite a bit of money.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #4  
I will succeed!!!

Thanks fo those idea's ladies...The 2 point snacks sound Great!!! I would love to find something on the line of a chip or Dorito or corn chip to dip in salsa? Any clues?
Thanks Again
Patti
Old 02-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I recently bought some pretzel crisps from Trader Joe's that are really really good. I weigh out a portion and take them to work with me. I highly recommend buying snacks with decent calories/fat/fiber and then portioning them out for yourself. You could easily make your own '100 calorie' snack pack with that method.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I like a chocolate rice cake with peanut butter and all fruit spread, now they have whipped pb again, so it's a relatively low point snack that's very satisfying.

They also have cheddar rice cakes, and smaller ones, I think they're called quakes that are good, DH and I have gotten them in place of chips, I think they have 100 cal. packs of doritos now, I'm pretty sure I saw them in the store.

My mom used to bake left over tortillas in the oven and make her own corn chips, you could prob. do that with a wrap or pita, toast it up so you're getting the crunch you're looking for, they have baked chips, too. I'm guessing you like the crunch of the chips with the salsa, not just anything with salsa (a scrambled egg with salsa is good, and prob. wouldn't be a bad snack to make yourself at night)

I have the 100 calorie packs of popcorn and some of that spray on fake butter stuff, it's good, some people put different spices and stuff on their popcorn to make it more like whatever it is they're craving. There was a show on the other night about self-made millionaires and the one guy's business was shake on toppings for popcorn, it was kernel seasons, they have a website you can order, their nutr. info says they're 5 calories or less for 1/4 tsp. they have a nacho cheddar, maybe something like that would help satisfy your craving.

best to you!!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I like Baked Lays and I am usually too frugal to buy the pre-pkged ones too so I will buy a bag and count them individually into baggies and mark the baggie with the pts - A decent size serving is 2 pts. The .99 serving that you get at the convenience stores of Baked Lays is 4 pts. I've been known to go into our local convenience store and buy a 2 pk mini buddy ham & Swiss Sammies, a .99 pk of Baked Lays and a 16 oz skim milk. All under $5. I eat one of the sammies, 1/2 the bag of Lays and 1/2 the skim milk - very satisfying and feels like a fast food run and 7 pts.

Last edited by Rosegarden; 02-23-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

For dipping in salsa, I like Melba Snacks (the rounds, not the toast). They're thick, crunchy, and the ones I get are 5 of them for 1 point. (Like saltines, only tastier!) Even 10 of them for 2 points isn't a bad snack, especially with salsa.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Mmm, I really like those Melba rounds too! They pack a giant crunch that's just so satisfying.

I also really love rye flatbread crackers for dipping, though I've never tried in salsa. Usually hummus or a dab of peanut butter is the best for me.

There's a brand called Stacy's that makes these killer flavored pita chips... I have *absolutely* no idea of the pts because last I ate them was pre-WW, but just throwing that out there as they def. have more fiber than typical chips and I think they're baked. So yummy.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I just buy regular pretzels, and, using the points calculator, count out 1-point servings and then pack 'em up in small baggies to go! I always have a baggie in my purse, and of course one near where I sit to watch TV with DH. It really helps to have the portion already "packaged" and it's a lot cheaper than buying those diet snack-packs!
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #11  

i like Snyder's Multigrain Tortilla Chips with salsa. i found them at Kroger. but like the others said - measure out your servings so you're not eating the whole bag.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #12  
I will succeed!!!

So many ideas here...Thanks SO Much... I remember the Melba toast from weigh back when, yummy idea. And WHIPPED peanut butter, havent seen that one yet. But I'll look at Walmart. And Lola I love tortillia chips, so I will watch for the multi grain.
Thanks Everyone....
Patti