3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Momentum / Flex (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/)
-   -   I got the peanut butter blues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex/131546-i-got-peanut-butter-blues.html)

laniemama 01-16-2008 12:23 PM

I got the peanut butter blues

Can someone please invent a peanut butter that has no points?!?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it- but it's just so many points- has anyone seen any that are less than 4 pts?

Paintfancy 01-16-2008 12:29 PM

I don't know anything about peanut butter itself, but have you tried the new peanut butter bars that WW has? Sinful!!! They are very good! I think they're 1pt each.

laniemama 01-16-2008 12:46 PM

i heart peanut butter

I'll give em a try- they sound great for only 1 point
The only problem I sometimes have with those kind of bars is that I tend to eat 3 not just 1- YIKES!
Will pick some up this week... thanks!

modkittn 01-16-2008 12:52 PM

There is one type called Better N' Petter Butter that is low in points. I haven't tried it myself, and reviews from others I've seen on 3FC are split down the middle. Fat from peanut butter is *good* fat, not bad fat! I say have 1 tablespoon or the regular stuff (I only use the natural kind), use the 2 points, fight the hunger (PB is really good for that) and be satisfied in knowing that you made a good food choice!

suitejudyblueeyes 01-16-2008 01:51 PM

You could always try Reduced Fat peanut butter, but... BLEH. That stuff tastes awful. I'm a natural pb person too, I don't like the taste of the other stuff...

Anyway, the only other thing I could think of is to look at the product called Z Trim (do a google search). It's a fat replacement thing, you mix half of it with whatever product and apparently you can't taste the difference and it has no calories or whatever. I know you can use it in sour cream and creamy dressings and whatnot, but it might work for pb too? I have a friend who uses it and loves it. Worth a google search :)

kelijpa 01-16-2008 06:58 PM

Hmm, I wonder what that is? Will have to look it up. PB is great. If you really love it then you just need to find somewhere else you can lighten up. Or try eating it every other day instead of every day. My current PB is chunky, with creamy you can spread a smaller amount over a larger area, still get the taste and smell.

How do you usually eat it? Sandwich? On a cracker? Off the spoon? Might seem like a weird question, but maybe we can help find some alternatives if we know why/how you're eating it.

Good luck!

KimberlyinMN 01-16-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laniemama (Post 2002571)
Can someone please invent a peanut butter that has no points?!?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it- but it's just so many points- has anyone seen any that are less than 4 pts?

Bell Plantation has a product called PB2. It's a powdered peanut butter that you add water to. Two tablespoons has 54 calories, 2.84 grams of fat and .3 grams of fiber. That figures out to 1 POINT per serving (2 T).

http://www.bellplantation.com/index....d=15&Itemid=35

I have it and like it. :) They have a store locator on their website or you can order from them.

Kimberly

KimberlyinMN 01-16-2008 07:16 PM

PS. Hungry Girl also endorsed this product. ;)

suitejudyblueeyes 01-17-2008 09:57 AM

Neat! Does it taste pretty much like normal PB?

My other fake-out solution that I forgot to mention is that there's a low-fat frozen custard place down the street from me, and they have a PB flavor which totally satisfies any PB craving I have. And any ice cream craving. And... any chocolate craving since I usually get a twist of the two flavors. It's a good thing :p Not any fewer points than a serving of PB but you get more volume...

KimberlyinMN 01-17-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2004318)
Neat! Does it taste pretty much like normal PB?

I think it does. The only difference is that since there isn't much for oil, it doesn't really melt like regular PB. However it IS a creamy consistency so it spread nicely. I've read that some people like to add it to their oatmeal in just the powdered form. I haven't tried that yet but I plan to. LOL

Kimberly

boaterswife 01-17-2008 02:44 PM

I'm a fan of the "Better 'n Peanut Butter". I love it! The consistancy is a little different than traditional peanut butter, but I like it just as well. The only place I've ever purchased it is Trader Joes, if you have one of those near you it would be worth a shot. You always have their money back guarantee if you don't like it!

aerotigergirl 01-18-2008 04:33 PM

Heck yes! The new WW Peanut Butter Bliss bars are only 1 point a piece, and they are sinfully similar to the Reese' cup. Very delish.

lukiesmommy 01-20-2008 01:08 PM

LOL I'm a peanut butter fiend too. I had one of the paenut butter bliss bars they are good but dang I want more then one at a time u know? I LOVE reeses peanutbutter cups too! WHY WHY WHY Cant they have NO points in them?

M

THE Heather 01-20-2008 01:51 PM

I know that a couple of years ago Peter Pan made this "whipped" peanut butter that was really good. Our leader actually told us about it. It was like two or three points...but I don't know if they make it anymore (I don't really eat peanut butter anymore).

kelijpa 01-20-2008 10:34 PM

I was wondering if you could make whipped PB yourself, so I went to google, if you google homemade whipped peanut butter there are a couple of threads that talk about how to make it and how the points go down. You might find something that works for you.

good luck!