Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #16  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I just flossed, that helps, I have a temporary crown (for only a few more days, yay!) and have to floss after eating.

I do believe getting away from the sugar lessens the cravings.

I also tell myself "you can have that tomorrow" that usually helps, it's better than saying "you can't have that" because that just makes me want it more
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

One of the things that I've done that's helping me is coming to this website. I would usually come home from work and just be lazy all afternoon and pretty much snack until I went to bed. Now I go to the gym right after work, and then I come home and come on here. Hearing about other people's successes helps me. It would make me feel guilty to eat, eat, eat all night while everyone else is trying hard!
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #18  

Yogurt works for me. If I have a serving of plain yogurt every day (I mix it with protien mix or strawberry jam) then my cravings vanish. If I go without yogurt for a few days I find myself snacking uncontrolably. Does anyone else found yogurt to be helpful?
OneXSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #19  
The Last 10lbs!

I drink tea. In fact, I drink a lot of tea, and I find it not only fills my tummy, but it fills my hands, so they don't reach for a cookie or something equally sweet. My worst WORST cravings are always for chocolate, and I recently found this stuff called Options, made by Ovaltine. I can't get it at home in Canada, but I am at university in England, and they have it at all major grocery stores. It is like hot chocolate but less sweet and less creamy (you just add water to the powder). According to my points slider, it is 0 points per serving, so it doesn't make me feel guilty, even though it more than satisfies my craving for chocolate. It comes in all sorts of flavours: mint, hazelnut, mocha, orange, vanilla... yum! It's my secret weapon!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 317/257/???

Height: 5'11''

Another thing I've noticed (I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned this earlier too) that when I'm not home I tend to eat less. So my idea would be to go out. Walk around a mall or something. That way you're getting some form of activity AND you're not eating.
NaturalStupidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #21  

There is some great Ideas out there, I am just having one of those days where I am just sad....I feel sad alot latley....all I want to do is eat when I feel like this...can't stand it so I ate some potato chips..even though I just did a whole bunch of different things to try and stop myself..I found my hand in the chips as I was reading all these posts...I feel so awful now...what a racket this dieting is...I do not know how much I can handle right now...I feel so overwhelmed some days...
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #22  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hey Mizz,
Just pick yourself up and start over when you feel up to it. That's what brings us success eventually, picking up and starting over. I've stopped trying to lose quickly, I just can't do it. I'll be thinking of you way up North.
Keli
Old 01-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #23  

Thanks for the lift. Just going through alot of stuff right now and some days I wish I could just crawl under a rock and stay there...I need a break but that is not in the near future that is forsure....
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #24  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hope things are going well for you.