Old 06-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
My NSV is that I had a great day, but it didn't start out to be one, I got TOM and had this craving for a PB cup, or maybe the whole bag, great thing, for me, did not have any in the house. So I thought to myself how can I get through this without giving in to those PB cups. So I made myself, something yummy, I took a flat out bread, warmed it up, put a tbls of PB on it, cut up a banana and sprinkled 1/2 tbls of mini chips on it, that did it, craving gone, and then had a wonderful day with my nephew, did not think about PB cups again.
I know this is old, but MMMMMM your choc/pb/banana concoction sounds good. When we WEREN'T watching what we ate, we'd sometimes make pancakes with bananas & choc. chips, so I know I'd love that.

Last edited by luvmyfam; 06-09-2008 at 02:37 PM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #62  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I have NSV that I am pretty proud of!

I went out after work with a group of people that I work with, for a night of bowling and drinking. I rarely socialize after work, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect - I generally don't drink much, if I do at all.

Well, I got a Corona, had a tiny sliver of cake, and only had a nibble at the finger foods, limiting myself to 2 bites. I had 14 points left for the day, not to mention some APs and all my flex points. I think I stayed pretty close to my target points, though!

The main victory? I feel like I made some good choices and don't feel guilty about any of it!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #63  
GmaTo8

These are some great NSVs!!

Staja - yay for you, staying OP in that situation.

Chey - no more messing with those pesky zippers, lol. Woohoo!

Congrats to all of you for your NSVs.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Chey that is super, I love those type of problems, Hope you had fun shopping, Wahoo......
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #65  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I successfully compared the labels of everything I bought today

And I chose the healthier alternative :P
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

WTG on picking the healthier choice, Heather.

WTG on all the NSVs, everyone.

I'm still trying to come up with a recent one here, lol.

JennT
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #67  

Height: 5'7"

NSV-palooza!

These are things I have been noticing over recent weeks. Today I am focusing on positives, on the progress I have made, in order to erase the effects of a stupid comment made to me yesterday. I have come up with awesome evidence of the changes I am making!

-This is both a SV and an NSV: At 191, my BMI officially puts me into the "overweight" category, and no longer "obese." [191 is an unofficial weight, as it's something I see at home today but it is not official until I see it Saturday at my meeting.]
-My jeans are getting ridiculously large on me. (My dress pants, sadly, are still fitting fine.)
-I am down another belt notch.
-My engagement ring is the only thing securing my wedding band to my finger, otherwise it would slide off (my engagement ring is a size smaller than the wedding band, a testament to how much I gained over the course of my two-year engagement).
-I had to get my glasses adjusted because they kept sliding off my slimmer face (this was a funny NSV to discover).
-I can run for 7 minutes without stopping!
-Exercise (wogging) truly has become part of my weekly routine. It is not a chore, I do not dread it - I really do enjoy it, even when it means I may encounter jerkwads who call people names

That's enough for now. I'm pretty dang proud of myself.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

Jaimie, I am glad that the jerks are not getting you down....I will never, never, never understand why some people feel the need to degrade themselves by putting others down. Your list made me take stock and here are mine.
I moved my car seat up! The steering wheel is no longer hitting my belly!
My chihuahuas are enjoying my new lap.
I can shop at old navy!
People are coming up to me and asking for advice about weight loss! I am becoming an inspiration!
-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 AM   #69  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

This probably seems trivial but its a huge deal for me: I had my 2 best friends over last night for a wee going away party as one of them is moving to Paris and we got takeaway which was lovely (just after successful weigh-in so i wasnt counting it) and we also got 2 bags of nachos to snack on. Opened the cheese ones last night and had a few, came down this morning to find them still open on the counter so i had a handful out of habit (first thing in the morning, i know, yuk!)
But then I...
Stapled the bag shut and put it out of sight!!!
I dont think ive ever done that in my life, i cant resist nachos. so im really really proud of myself for doing it! i feel its a good start to the day.
and today i joined the "seeing myself naked is scary halloween challenge" so all in all i feel very motivated!
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

A couple NSV to report!

I am only 4 lbs away from my halfway mark to my goal!!!

I sat in a student desk, the type that are one unit (chair & table together with a basket under the chair) and I had about 7" between me and the table part! LOL. I was talking with one of the teachers and noticed it.. she laughed and got out the ruler to measure.. yes, 7 inches!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Chey,
You are doing awesome!! Those desks are so small, and looks like you are too!! Keep up the Great Work
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #72  

New one! Resting heart rate 54....It used to be 72 on a good day but usually 80. My heart is happy.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #73  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm taking in my belt a couple more notches - when I first put it on back in August the last notch was still a bit tight, now I'm on the 3rd one in.

And I'm down a jeans size, back into my pre-pregnancy jeans! Now to hit the thrift store to find a couple more pair in that size.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #74  

Cleaned out my closet of too big clothes! This totals 4 tall kitchen bags and one box.

I am now fitting into clothes from a friend of mine who is a bit ahead of me in her weight loss. I am wearing 18 and 16 instead of 26-24s. I was in 24s for the last 10 years! Holy moly!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 270/238/165

I had one today. I have one of those tops that have a built in "shelf bra" I wear it under one top that has a bit of a plunging neckline. I put it on today for the first time and noticed that it was baggy under the arms where it was tight the last time I wore it.
Franma76 is offline   Reply With Quote