The 1-Minute Muffin

• OMG I found this recipe on another thread.. it is fantastic for Atkins, Induction Friendly and Packed with Omega-3s

In a tea cup or other microwaveable one cup item:
    1. Melt 1-2 tbsp of butter
    2. Mix in
      • 1 egg
      • Sweatner to taste ( I like using 1 TBSP of SF Davinci Syrup or liquid splenda)
      • Mix in 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal (and/or mix with almond meal, protein powder)
      • 1/4 tsp of baking powder
    3. Microwave on high for 1 minute*
    4. Turn out and let cool
    The muffin may look kind of wet at first, but it dries quickly as it cools.
    Eat warm with butter or wrap cooled muffin in plastic to eat later.

*cooking time may vary depending on your microwave, avoid overcooking

Quote:
    Using butter and truly carb free sweetener, such as liquid splenda or DaVinci syrup:

239 Calories
    19 gms fat
    18 gms carbs
    17 gms fiber

Resulting in 1 net gm carbs.

If using powdered splenda, add 1 -2 gms of carbs, depending on how much used.
  • Have you tried it yet? I'm curious to know how it tastes...
  • I Love it. I have one with Davinci syrups every morning. THe gingerbread is my favorite!
  • Wow!!!!!
    This recipe totally rocked my world today when I tried it for the first time!! Thanks so much for posting it. I was skeptical as to whether or not it would turn out for me, cuz it just seemed too easy, but dang, it turned out amazing. I used Low Carb Sucess's "FlaxOmeal" hot ceral mix instead of the flaxseed meal since I was out of flaxseed meal and had plenty of the flaxomeal ceral mix on hand. Carb count should be almost the same since the flaxOmeal is mostly flaxseed and wheatbran which, when subtracted from carb total for 1/4 = less than 1 carb.
    Other than that, I followed your directions exactly, using 1 TBL. of Torani sf vanilla syrup for the sweetner. I'm thinking there's lots of variations I can experiment with now that I have this basic recipe down pat. Thank you so much for sharing...I can't wait to tell all my friends about this recipe!!!

I'm thinking next time I might try adding a tad of nutmeg for a little holiday flavor since I don't have any gingerbread lc syrup on hand.

~Sunny~
  • I am glad you liked it! I have tried it in many different ways too.. it is great to experement with
  • OK, this is awesome! I used chocolate low carb hot cereal and chocolate da vinci flavoring syrup. Made it in a coffee mug - hit with me and hit with DH. Makes a great treat when you are missing those "old high carb muffins." I think this would be a good dessert too!
  • Just made one of these--used SF pancake (maple flav) syrup. Oh, my God! Oh! My God! Oh. My. God. Dear, sweet Lord. Whoa--these suckers are GOOD! One on the side of my normal breakfast plate of eggs and bacon would add that little bit of something that I miss in the way of a bread...and for those of you who miss sopping up your yolk with something, this would certainly do the trick--you could even make 'em WITHOUT the sweetner, maybe even with a bit of bacon fat in place of the butter, or some shredded cheese--oh, wait! along with the cheese, some garlic salt, served alongside my shrimps--almost like those famous bisquits from that famous lobster place...And made with blueberry syrup instead of maple--or banana flavored--oh, joy!

But how will my bod tolerate a quarter cup of flax all in one sitting? Has any one used oatbran or oat flour to do these?
  • Thanks so much for the great idea. Just tried one with SF maple syrup & almondmeal/flour. Delish!! Hits the spot!
  • Sounds Great
    Thank you for the delightful recipe.

I really like the fact that it is quick and easy to make.

The perfect thing to cook while the coffee is brewing.

As soon as I finish induction, I'm going to try a small one.