3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous-50/)
-   -   Almond Pancakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/miscellaneous/166224-almond-pancakes.html)

DishyFishy 03-06-2009 04:36 PM

Almond Pancakes

I made these for breakfast this morning. :T I could only manage to eat 1½ because they're so filling. Hubby ate the rest, but even he was conceding defeat after his third! I wouldn't have these every day, but they made a really nice treat.

Almond Pancakes

Ingredients (makes 5):
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 scoop (16 g) whey protein isolate (unflavoured)*
  • ¼ t salt
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1 t Splenda or 2-3 drops liquid stevia
  • 2 large eggs
  • ¼ cup water
  • 1-2 T oil
Method:
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Drop ¼ cup measures onto a non-stick griddle or frying pan, and cook as for regular pancakes.

Nutritional info per pancake:
Total carbs: 5.2 g
Fibre: 2.5 g
Net carbs: 2.7 g
Protein: 10 g
Fat: 19 g
kcals: 228

Using only one tablespoon of oil will knock the fat and kcals down to 16 g and 203 respectively.

*My whey protein isolate contains only ½ g carb, 1 g fat, and 65 kcals in a small scoop.

tdiprincess 03-07-2009 07:56 PM

This sounds really good. I will be trying these, I won't tell DH as he doesn't like almonds.. Does it taste distinctly of almonds? I have never really used almond flour before?
Thanks! :flow1:

DishyFishy 03-12-2009 06:58 PM

I don't think the flavour is too almondy—not at all like marzipan for example—but it does have nutty undertones. I plan to substitute ground walnuts or flaxseed meal for some of the almond meal next time for a change.

tdiprincess 03-13-2009 09:00 AM

Okay great! thank you!! I haven't been able to find the almond flour as of yet. But I think I should be able to at our local Co-Op store. They're a health food, organics, conventional, mismash of things. They generally have everything I need! And they make for a nice walk down the street! They're about a mile from our apt. :)

KO 03-13-2009 11:30 AM

Could you use Flavored Protein Powder? also can you make them thin? These would probably kill my every now and then Pancake Craving!

DishyFishy 03-14-2009 03:44 PM

I guess you could use flavoured protein powder although I never have. I only put it in because the mixture seemed a bit runny and I thought it needed a bit of body.

Perhaps if it were left out the result would be thinner pancakes.... :chin:

tdiprincess 03-16-2009 03:04 PM

I still haven't gotten to try these yet. We are in the midst of moving in a few weeks, but I definitely have these under my list of healthy, good recipes to try. I bet some banana or other fruit mashed up in these would be delightful.
Thank you for sharing it!! :flow1:

LittleBitIzzy 05-17-2009 05:24 PM

Sounds good!