Breakfast idea??

• One of my favorite breakfasts... saute pepperoni (I do about 12 pieces) scramble an egg and melt provolone or cheddar cheese.

Tasty, spicy and satisfying. Enjoy!!!
  • Mmm, sounds good! Is the pepperoni pretty low cal? I usually scramble 1/2 cup eggbeaters with 4 (diced) slices of turkey breast, when it is almost done, add 1/8 cup cheddar, and when that is melted, add 1/2 a diced tomato...wait 30 seconds and you are done. Quick, easy, and only 185 calories! But to mix it up, I think I'll try your spicy version!!!
  • Pepperoni's not very low cal. The stuff I have is 130 calories per 14 pieces--but make sure you're getting enough calories on Atkins. At least 1200 a day.
  • Be cautious with pepperoni...it contains a lot of sodium which can make you retain water.
  • All these comments are interesting. I checked the package of pepperoni compared to the bacon I am eating on Atkins. 120 for 3 slices of bacon to 11 slices pepperoni 110. I use a bit of the drippings as I do with the bacon to scramble my egg. add tomato and a bit of onion.. so it appears to be the same. (At least on the package and fitday.com say so) I will be aware of the sodium though. I don't use it any where else. Thanks!! (Down another lb.) woo hoo..
  • best breakfast for low GI dieters:
    eat grain bread with white cheese.
  • and the second item: eat more fibre, you can buy it from every shop market.