Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 06:19 AM   #1  

I'm looking for a recipe (and points) for a sweet & sour sauce made with grape jam and chili sauce or ketchup. I believe they are the only 2 ingredients. It is great over meatballs or chicken. Thanks
Old 02-17-2001, 09:27 AM   #2  

The recipe is 10oz jar grape jelly and 12oz bottle chili sauce. Heat and pour over meatballs. 1/4 cup chili sauce is 1 point jelly is 4 points for 1/4 cup so a close estimate would be 6 points for the chili sauce and 20 points for the jelly for a total of 26 points for the sauce which would be about 2 3/4 cups of sauce. Hope this helps you-Debi
Old 02-18-2001, 11:51 PM   #3  

That helps a lot! Thanks
Old 02-22-2001, 12:18 PM   #4  

I use equal amounts of grape jelly and mustard. I think this one would have less points because mustard is 0 points. My children liked this over meatballs or weiners cook in the crock pot when they were young.

------------------
Peggy
Old 02-23-2001, 09:00 PM   #5  

Thanks for the recipe. I made this for a really quick supper the other night and got raves from the family.

I used the Low Sugar Grape Jelly which was 400 cal for whole jar and and the chilli sauce was 200 cal for whole jar, (no fat or fiber in either) so total was 600 cals or 2 pts each if divided by 6 servings.

I put over frozen meatballs which are 1 pt each for the beef, but I'm looking for a store that sells the turkey or chicken meatballs to see if they're less. I've only seen them at Sams.

One question on cooking this in the crockpot... does it burn? I've not had good luck with ketchup based sauces in the crockpot. Don't know if chilli sauce would do same.

Thanks for the suggestion about the mustard. I'll try that next time and reduce all around.
Paige
Closed Thread