3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Mini-Goals

Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #1
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV - I went ice skating...

I know whoopy-do. I haven't skated since 1999, when I had a car accident and broke my left ankle. I swore that I wouldn't skate again until I lost some more weight. Well, that was a year ago that I said that. It's been 35 pounds lost since then, and when I weighed in this morning at 200.8, I decided that today is the day. Man, what a work out. I'm not a figure skater or anything, far from it. In fact I think I only made it around the rink twice without stopping or holding onto the wall, but it sure was fun!! I think I am going to start incorporating skating into my workout plan. Although if I keep falling, it may not be very often.

Anyway, there's my first NSV. Woo Hoo!! At least now I know that I can do it. Now I'm off to slather on some tiger balm. :-)

How far I've come...
Losingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #2

Height: 5"5

Way to go. i did they same thing last winter for the first tie in many many years to. I plan on trying it again soon. I have lost much more since then sooo I can't wait to see how it goes.

Yes it is a good work out.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

That is awesome Losingme! I am just about your weight and I am totally ready to try skating again after years of not doing it. This month I am definitely getting some friends together and going out to try it. I'm glad to hear it's possible at 200 lbs
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
Stronger Than Yesterday

Aw that is great!!! I LOVE skating too
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #5

Congratulations!!! It's been sooo long since I've done that and once I lose more weight, it's definitely on my 'to do' list!!!! Well done!!!

Celesteral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #6

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations..i'm a former roller skater..almost used to live in them..I know how much fun & satisfaction you receive when you check off another accomplishment...I'm thinking about getting back in the rink also..
Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #7

Height: 5"5

It as my youngest golden birthday on the 8th. She wanted to go to the Skating place. So we did. I was on that rink for at least a hour out of a hour and half. Evryone else took brakes played games watched me. Boy I could feel the bum muscles and leg muscles working. It really felt good.
It was a work out just trying not to fall with all them younger kids whizing. by ya and arond ya. LOL

I wish we had one in our town. I would love to put that into my work out . Ice skateing I guess wil have to do.I wish I liked the cold air soi get out there.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Wow, what a great accomplishment! Until I read your post, I never really thought about all the things you just don't do, because of your size, without really thinking about it. Losing weight makes you feel like a whole new world is opening up to you! Way to go!

8~8~06 Journey Started, 246 lbs.
11~10~07 WW Goal Achieved, 150 lbs.
12~22~07 WW Lifetime Achieved, 148 lbs.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote