Weird NSV

• this is kind of related to my weight loss...

i turned down a boy who wanted a relationship with me because i knew it wasnt what i was looking for.

thats the first time i have ever given myself enough respect to pass by on someone wanting to love me because i knew it would be bad for me. i always always always would have said yes. regardless of wether or not it was something i wanted because i always had this deep feeling that because i was fat i should take what i can get because there is no promise that anyone else will ever come along and want me.

-- and last night, i said no thank you. and i feel good about it. no regrets. no fear that no one else will want to make a leap with me like that. i made a choice that will be best for me, out of respect for me. -- and respect for myself isnt something i ever remember having.

-- i have a new sense of happiness. and for once - its a happiness and a pride that i generated myself. not that im hoping someone else will come along and provide for me.

going through this process of weight loss and realizing i am more than my body and i have the ability to change my own path has taught me a lot. and one of the things i have learned is self worth. it isnt something i was expectin g quite yet.

• Good for you!
  • Congratulations...you've come a long way. Take a moment and be proud of YOURSELF!
  • Congratulations! That's a huge step you've taken in trusting yourself

Mel
  • Wow, good for you!!! I know that I have struggled with respecting myself for a long time, even before I gained all this weight...and so I know how hard it is to do that! Good job girl! I'm proud of you!!!
  • Kate I know how you feel. That penny has dropped with me too....its such a weird and wonderful feeling.
    From me to you congratulations.
  • That's awesome! You go girl!
  • Good for you!!
  • That is great! WTG and you should feel proud of yourself!!