Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Default NSV...literally!

I haven't stepped on a scale in over 24 hours! I've been weighing myself constantly, beating myself up over every little fluctuation...which has NOT been helping my diet. Actually, it's become a bit of a problem. So I've decided to limit my weigh ins to once a week. One day down, five to go.

I know it's not a huge NSV, but it's a pretty big deal for me.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #2  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I have the same problem as you! I get on that scale first thing in the morning, afternoon, evening and then again before I go to bed. Every single day...ugh
Good luck and you will have to keep me informed on if it worked for you.
I am getting ready to leave for vacation and there wont be a scale so I am already dreading it in a big way!!!
Congrats for 24 hrs down!!!! Thats a big deal!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

Oye vey, do I know what you mean! I am a scale junkie. This is embaressing to admit, but I weighed myself at 4:30 am (when my cat woke me up), 5:30 am (when she woke me up again), and at 6:00 am (when I woke up). And also last night at like 9 pm. It's a sickness!! I've been thinking about trying this, but don't know if my neurotic ways can be tamed! Congrats and good luck!!
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #4  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Sooooo guilty here too! While I am really working to lose weight, it helps me keep motivated. Once I get closer to maintenance, I will start weaning myself off the scale and only allow it once or twice a week to make sure I am not gaining.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #5  

I'm pretty bad about the scale as well. Most days I weigh myself no fewer than 3 times
nonames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

Yes, I have that problem too, I get on the scale first thing every morning before I exercise, and then stupidly straight after even though I know it won't have made that much difference. I dont tend to weigh later in the day, but I do get mad at myself for even little flucuations each morning. Struggling to make the choice to not get on the scales every day. I think most of the reason is because I'm scared I'm doing something wrong and at the end of the week my weight will be right up
Neleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

For the longest time when I started losing weight, I'd only weigh once a week. The closer I got to goal the more often I would weigh. It didn't help the lbs. come off any quicker. Now that I am on maintenance, I try to only weigh twice a week. There are times I find myself weighing in the morning and evening both. It's sad, but I'm more scale obsessed now than I ever was. I am so fearful of gaining that I can't stay off the evil scale. Good luck on the weighing once a week. I know it was best for me while I was still losing. The daily fluctuations would drive me crazy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

AmberKay,

Good for you!

I know where you're coming from. I used to obsess over every little fluctuation on the scale and weigh myself multiple times per day. This time when I decided to lose weight, I ditched the scale completely. I don't even have one in my house. I get measured/weighed periodically when I go to Curves and they write the weight down on my records but don't tell me what it is.

Being liberated from the scale has just made it so much easier for me. Someday when I reach my goal of size 8 I'll ask the lady at Curves what my weight was.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

I haven't weighed yet today. I had to force myself not to...but I did it. I think that maybe it's helping a little bit with my eating as well. go figure! I haven't had one unhealthy meal today. I did have a little bit of the "Well I lost, so I should treat myself," or "I've gained...why not eat anyway, what's the point?" mentality. I think that this will work! My eating habits and weighing habits seem to go hand in hand.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #10