August weekly progress

• Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been able to post lately. I just haven't had the time and I've been a little ill. I haven't been able to sleep for the past four days. My mom had the same problem when she was young so I guess it just runs in the family. Today I finally got some sleep and woke up at 3:30 in the afternoon!!! Aww well, at least I got some sleep though right?

My new progress is great. When my body got used to the diet I was losing 4 pounds a week, then it went down to two pounds a week, then it stopped losing all together. I think it was because of something I was eating. I stopped eating that item for a week to see how my weight would progress and to my astonishment I lost 5.5 pounds for this week. What was that item I stopped eating? Sausage. I'm doing low carb and because of an extremely low budget I was stuck eating sausage for a week!

So my advice for this week is try to stay away from sausage. It's probably high in saturated fat. I don't know I really haven't checked the label. You're supposed to stay away from pork all together, but I eat pork rinds. hehe. I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that pork is the number one cause of heart disease. I try to stay away from ham, and sausage, things like that. So, you might want to do a little research before stop eating pork.

How's everyone doing here anyway? What's your progress so far?

God bless you all,

Christina
  • great job on the weight loss neighbor (i'm in SC). I'm also doing lower carbs but have only been trying for a week. keep up the good work
  • Congrats on your weight loss! I had to let the sausage go, too.

I also had to let go of my spaghetti. I started using whole wheat pasta instead of the regular, but I simply decided to let all of it go. The good thing is that I haven't missed it AT all. So far, I've lost 7 lbs. since starting on August 2.

Keep up your good work!!!
  • Wow, that's amazing starchild!!! Keep it up!!!!

And good luck lana. You can do it!!!
  • WTG on your weight loss and on figuring out what you needed to change to get things jumpstarted again!!! Glad you finally got some sleep too, I'm an insomniac so I know how that goes.
  • Thanks, Christina. We can ALL do it!!! Are you sleeping better now?
  • Yes Starchild, luckily I did get some rest last night. Yesterday I changed around my bed, I mean I moved it to another area in my room. I guess that helped.