Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Talking August weekly progress

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been able to post lately. I just haven't had the time and I've been a little ill. I haven't been able to sleep for the past four days. My mom had the same problem when she was young so I guess it just runs in the family. Today I finally got some sleep and woke up at 3:30 in the afternoon!!! Aww well, at least I got some sleep though right?

My new progress is great. When my body got used to the diet I was losing 4 pounds a week, then it went down to two pounds a week, then it stopped losing all together. I think it was because of something I was eating. I stopped eating that item for a week to see how my weight would progress and to my astonishment I lost 5.5 pounds for this week. What was that item I stopped eating? Sausage. I'm doing low carb and because of an extremely low budget I was stuck eating sausage for a week!

So my advice for this week is try to stay away from sausage. It's probably high in saturated fat. I don't know I really haven't checked the label. You're supposed to stay away from pork all together, but I eat pork rinds. hehe. I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that pork is the number one cause of heart disease. I try to stay away from ham, and sausage, things like that. So, you might want to do a little research before stop eating pork.

How's everyone doing here anyway? What's your progress so far?

God bless you all,

Christina
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #2  
lana

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'3"

great job on the weight loss neighbor (i'm in SC). I'm also doing lower carbs but have only been trying for a week. keep up the good work
lanabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #3  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Congrats on your weight loss! I had to let the sausage go, too.

I also had to let go of my spaghetti. I started using whole wheat pasta instead of the regular, but I simply decided to let all of it go. The good thing is that I haven't missed it AT all. So far, I've lost 7 lbs. since starting on August 2.

Keep up your good work!!!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #4  
Believe and Achieve

Wow, that's amazing starchild!!! Keep it up!!!!

And good luck lana. You can do it!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

WTG on your weight loss and on figuring out what you needed to change to get things jumpstarted again!!! Glad you finally got some sleep too, I'm an insomniac so I know how that goes.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #6  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Christina. We can ALL do it!!! Are you sleeping better now?
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #7  
Believe and Achieve

Yes Starchild, luckily I did get some rest last night. Yesterday I changed around my bed, I mean I moved it to another area in my room. I guess that helped.