New bike!

• So, I moved from one apartment complex to another about a month ago. Since then I've been a little slack on exercise, mainly because I lovelovelove the stationary bike, and my new complex's gym didn't have one. Excuses, excuses, I know!

Today I was randomly surfing Craig's List and found THIS bad boy:

http://www.megafitness.com/life-cycl...Remanufactured

The best part? It cost me $100! A gym about 20 minutes from me is going out of business, and are selling all of their equipment for cheap.

I can so do this! It's all set up in my office, and I hopped on to give it a test go earlier this evening. I never thought I would be this excited about exercise equipment, ever!
  • That's awesome!!!!!!! Never thought of checking out gyms that are closing or going out of business for equipment! You're so smart!
  • Thats a really good idea. Craig's list is awesome like that... I found my car there!!! The whole buyer beware thing applys, but sometimes you'll find some really nifty stuff.

I have a similar story for my bike... I was driving to my house once and saw a sign that said "FREE STUFF" and there was a dresser, and some other random stuff.. and an old stationary bike. So I went home, borrowed my mom's SUV, and we got the thing. All it needed was a little oil on the chain, and it was ready to go. Free! I guess the guy was moving out and didn't have the space.

Keep your eyes open, cool stuff can lurk just about anywhere.
  • That's awesome!
  • That's great, someone at work gave me a treadmill they didn't want anymore, I would love to have a bike as well, but not sure where I would put it, lol. So glad you found something that will work for you!
  • Thanks for the support ladies

Today I biked 11 miles in 1/2 an hour using the 'hill' setting. Oh man, by the end I was just dripping with sweat, but it was so worth it! Even if my legs felt like spaghetti noodles when I got off.
  • Wow that's fantastic! What a deal! Happy for you.