Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up NSV from my teenage daughter

Yesterday, after picking up my DD from work, she wanted to hit the mall and look for a bathing suit. She's been dieting and going to the gym quite faithfully, and promised her best friend and gym buddy that she'd buy a new bathing suit. Her friend told her under no circumstances could she buy anything BUT a bikini. She hasn't bought a new suit in 4 years, and that was a tankini with a skirt--I thought no way would she do as her friend asked! Well, Mom was wrong--she bought a very cute black bikini and it looks very good on her. She still has some weight to lose but at least she is no longer self conscious about her body!

Now, onto to my NSV: I couldn't help but look at bathing suits as well, being that we were shopping together. She inspired me and dared me to try on some bikinis. Well, I did and she came into the dressing room to help me decide and she said to me, "Gawd, Mom, you're skinny!" Wow. From my teenager! That was so special--I almost cried! Anyway, I didn't get the bikini or any other suit mainly because I have 3 other suits at home, and I didn't like the support I got with the tops at that store. But I probably haven't even tried on a bikini since high school, so just having the guts to do it is enough for me!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #2  
Wild Texan!

S/C/G: 366.4/342.6/220

Height: 5'9"

That is so cool. Well, don't feel bad, the last bikini I had was when I was about 1. Red with white pocka dots. Mom has pictures of it. I hoping some day, not to get back in that one, but to wear one...even if it in the back yard.
tlujan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

What a great NSV for both you and your daughter. Congratulations. My daughter has been trying to slim down a little too, but food usually gets the better of her. She is trying to eat low-fat, but goes over-board sometimes on those 100 calorie snack packs and fat-free Pringles. She is beautiful just the way she is and just a little exercise is all she needs. It has meant the world to me when she said she thought I was "skinny" so I know how good that feels. Congratulations.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's great for both of you! Congratulations
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #5  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Congrats, thats great!!!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote