Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-22-2006, 08:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default Wow, this is REALLY happening!

Lately I have been amazed at the blouses I am dragging out of the closet and I can wear! In fact I hold them out in front of me and they are REALLY big on me and I think there is NO WAY these could have been way too small just a short time ago. But I know they were!

Also, I make my swimsuit with biker shorts and a tank top. Recently I was in WalMart and saw a rack of them on sale on the plus size rack. I automatically grabbed the biggest one and held it up... waaaaay too big... next size down... too big! So I finally grabbed the smallest one and it is plenty big on me. Didn't pay attention to the size tag.

Well... when I was realizing my size 20 blouse was huge on me I went and checked my tank top tag... 16W! Now it is a Just My Size so I am sure the sizes run big but still... 16W! I can't remember the last time I saw a 16 on a blouse tag.

I also have couple of 1X blouses that I know shrunk up because I put them in the washer. But I can get them on; they are more snug than I like to wear but still... LOL it is hitting me that it won't be long before I can't shop in the plus size stores! In fact I am going to go there this weekend just to try on something 1X and see how it fits LOL. I can't WAIT to NOT be able to shop there!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Whoo Hoo! Feels SOOOOOOO good when that happens. I went down 1 dress size and felt great about it. I quit back in March (grief) and I'm struggling to get back on, but I'm gonna do it. Stay on the right track!! Great Job!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188.2/178.0/167

Congratulations! I have no shorts, and cut off a pair of jeans that were a little too big, and now I look like an idiot walking around hitching them up...so strange to think that I "deserve" to go buy new shorts in a smaller size...
neverhadabarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:37 AM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Misti - good for you!!! I saw the pictures you posted recently and you have made such a big change for yourself. Still, somehow, it's the clothes that bring it all home isn't it?

I know exactly how you feel and it is the best feeling in the world. I have very recently been able to start buying clothes from the "normal" departments. I went to my favorite store in the big city this week. It is a flagship Dillard's and they have the largest and most stylish Women's Dept. I have ever found with great designer clothes. Would you believe I kind of missed that department? I know where things are there, I know the sales ladies, and they always have good sale racks. After cruising all the 2nd floor ladies clothes I cruised up to the third floor to Women's just for a look see. I am a 14 and they carry a few 14's. I found the cutest Alan Wiez dress on the 1/2 price rack. I mean cute, cute, cute. I bought it - my thought was this is the last thing I am ever going to buy from this department.

Anyway - you are doing a great job. It only gets better from here. Savor the experience because it is a really wonderful thing that is happening~
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #5  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

That is SO cool!!!! And you look MAHvalous! Keep up the good work.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Great job, Misti. I know it feels wonderful to wear smaller sizes. I still have a hard time believing I'm as small as my clothes say now. Congratulations.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yeah it really IS happening - checked out your picture thread, you slimming goddess!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Talking

Good for you, Misti!!! and a
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #9  
hara hachi bu

For me, the best reward of all is fitting into clothes that haven't fit in years.

I'm exactly in the same place - 1X is slightly snug, but I know they'll fit soon. I even bought a top that was a snug 1X, knowing that within a month or so I will be able to wear it comfortably. I should check out my bathing suits. I bet they'll all be baggy 20s! Oh, and I bet soon "One size fits all" will include me!!

I love the millions of delightful discoveries ... "oh, my breasts no longer rest on the table when I sit in a booth" or "look, my legs cross closer" or even "I need to tighten the laces on my shoes".

"Wow, this is REALLY happening!" FACT! ^5!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #10  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Congratulations! Wayyyyyyy to go! Keep it up! Is it an amazing feeling?! I have just recently moved from plus sized clothes to ....what are they called...?? just ladies sizes? (I have no idea how to refer to them!) What great motivation! I also agree with Phantastica in the post above that the "millions of delightful discoveries" (exactly the ones she mentioned...and more!) are my very FAVORITE part of all of this! (NOT being jammed into a booth is THE best feeling ever! )

Keep up the great work!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #11  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Congrats!! I can't even remember the last time I wore shorts so, you go girl!!! You really are an inspiration around here.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #12  

Height: 5"5

I so know where you are at. What a feeling. way to go. I am out I am pulling things out from storage. I am actually out of all my to small cloths. I have pulled them all out. Only a couple pairs of jeans hiding unfder the bed thats it. Keep up the good work.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #13  

that's wonderful keep up the great work
evierama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/199/150

Height: 5'8"

Congrats.
smoochie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks everybody! You are all wonderful and such great encouragers! LOL it is funny how many things we share... such as so many here understand about how nice it is when your boobs don't rest on the table any more! I sure got stuck with a pair of the things LOL -- I know other people would still consider mine really big now but compared to before I look down and am amazed at how much of them is G-O-N-E yippeeeeee! And I am not done with them yet LOL, I will beat this fat off of me or bust my butt trying!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote