3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   "But you're not a plus size!" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/85712-but-youre-not-plus-size.html)

harrypotterybarn 05-31-2006 12:21 AM

"But you're not a plus size!"

I had a personal mini-triumph moment today. I was at the gym and I asked a girl where she got her really cool pants. She said she got them at blah blah blah store and I asked her if she knew if they carried plus sizes. She gave me this confused up-and-down stare then said "I think they do, but you're not a plus size". Now, perhaps her gauge of sizes on people is a bit skewed, but her comment made me so giddy inside that I sailed through my workout! :D

Pinkwhispers05 05-31-2006 01:18 AM

THATS AWESOME!!!!!! WOOT WOOT! Lol thats so great! I can't wait for the day someone says that to me! That's awesome! :) Hehe.Just keep reminding yourself of what she said, and your workouts will get better and better :) Congrats!

sli 05-31-2006 01:39 AM

Thats a great NSV!
That proves that you look better than you think that you do!
Congratulations!!!

teahoney 05-31-2006 08:01 AM

That is great!

2CMEAGAIN 05-31-2006 08:06 AM

How cool!:carrot:

Misti in Seattle 05-31-2006 08:12 AM

That's wonderful! Bet that DID make your day!!! :woo:

LuckySmyle 05-31-2006 10:19 AM

How long has it been since you last bought clothes? I ask because I started at 201# and right about your weight I walked into a plus sized store and was proptly told thier regular sized store was next door. Turns out while some stuff in the plus size store fit, for the most part everything was too big.

rmewife97 05-31-2006 03:38 PM

I am sure it made your workout go by so much faster. You obviously must look great. Way to go!

harrypotterybarn 05-31-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckySmyle
How long has it been since you last bought clothes? I ask because I started at 201# and right about your weight I walked into a plus sized store and was proptly told thier regular sized store was next door. Turns out while some stuff in the plus size store fit, for the most part everything was too big.

It's been a while, actually. I'm still wearing my Lane Bryants, but the 18s that fit perfectly last summer now need belting! :) I actually have mostly knit pants (yep, even dress pants) that I bought while I was gaining weight so they should be good for another 20lbs or so (it's amazing how fabrics can stretch!). Once I get down around 160 I think I'm going to go to the mall, walk right past LB, and go buy myself a new mini-wardrobe at NY&co.

And thanks for the support, everyone! This place is truly the best! :)

slimkim 06-04-2006 03:03 PM

WTG.. those comments really help keep you headed in the right direction, don't they..?? I can't wait fo rthe day my MIL doesn't give me any more shirts saying here hom i bought this and it's too big for me.. mayb eit'll fit you.... grrrrr.. I know she doesn't mean it to be mean.. but it still is sooo annoying..

Apolline 06-04-2006 03:54 PM

:carrot:

Libby1972 06-04-2006 07:59 PM

Good for you! What a great feeling that must have been.

Sassy_Chick 06-04-2006 11:26 PM

:cheer: