Yay! Somebody finally noticed!!! - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #16  

That's awesome Misti. How great is that??? You'll find now that you'll have comments all the time, and boy is that motivation. Once one person notices, then everyone seems to. It's usually when about 10% of body weight is lost. That was after my first 30 pounds were gone (I lost 120 total). Anyhow, you're always so encouraging to everyone else I wanted to say kudos to you for your NSV. : )) Woohoo (picture me waving enthusiastically)!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks palsies! And interesting boarderchick... mine was a little bit over 10% before someone said something.

Waving back to everyone
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #18  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Misti you have come an amazing distance, you are really strong!! That is awesome. I am certain people who havent heard about what youre doing notice you all the time - I think most people just dont want to say anything for fear of saying the wrong thing.

ONE person has noticed me, and I couldnt believe that he did! This guy at work said "are you on a diet or something?" I just said "maybe, maybe not" and threw the ball of paper he'd thrown back at him (this is typical office relations).

I was shocked because this same guy is WAY into weight lifting, and he's huge.
and one day he needed to deal with some wires in a tight corner behind a bookshelf, and he and I were working on it together. But instead of asking me to reach back there, he scanned the office room we were in and asked "can I get the help of someone who is significantly smaller than I am?"

The lady who came over to help looked so embarrassed for me... she laughed nervously and said to the guy "well Im not THAT much smaller than you but Ill try..." to make me feel better. I just stood there mortified as everyone else, guys and ladies, stared at me.

I really dont think Im THAT big. Im maybe a size 12? Im not sure cause the sizes are all screwed up, as yall know.

Anyway, Im rambling!!! Point was, it DID feel good to have it noticed!!!
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

Misti you are doing fantastic! Congratulations.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

man....i can't believe i haven't posted on this thread yet!!! what is wrong with me???!!! Misti...awesome!! I am so happy for you that people are noticing...and saying "alot"!! that is just fabulous...and you definately deserve some regonition for all of your hard work. girl you are walking circles around me!!! way to go!!!! I am so thrilled for your success!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #21  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks everyone! And PeeB LOL what a rude guy you work with! That was so thoughtless of him sheesh
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote