3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Nsv (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/83426-nsv.html)

srmb60 05-03-2006 10:13 PM

Nsv

I was talking, today, to a woman I haven't seen in several months. We worked quite closely together a few months before that, for a short time.
She looked great in her summery pedal pushers and a pink sweater. She pointed at me "Susan started it. She said she watched what she ate and walked everyday. I thought 'I can do that'. So I watched what I ate and walked back and forth to work."
She's lost 40 lbs!
I can't tell you what that feels like. It's almost better than having some success myself.

Heather 05-03-2006 10:24 PM

That's a great story!!!!!

Someone on the 300+ group just "blamed" me for getting her started with exercise, and I was just BEAMING!!!

I think I'm going to follow you around some more tonight, Susan, and see what you've been up to!

ellis 05-03-2006 10:33 PM

Susan, how wonderful that you inspired someone else!! :hug:

Misti in Seattle 05-03-2006 10:51 PM

Hey, that's amazing! I was told the same thing today at work! We had talked a bit before about wanting to lose, etc. so she knew I was working at it. We are in separate locations (our company has 3 buildings in this area) but she comes over to ours to work at times and we have a lot of phone and email contact. Today on the phone she told me that her pants are getting too big. Then she told me I had inspired her! She saw what I was doing and got inspired to get with it too! Wow that's neat that others are experiencing that too!! :dance:

MtaTJac 05-04-2006 12:06 AM

How great you must feel!! To have inspired someone to change their life in such a great way!! Be proud :D

srmb60 05-04-2006 08:12 AM

I'm going to get off on a little tangent here but ... as a Christian, I'm always very nervous about the 'kind of Christian' who talks talks talks. Most people just stop listening. I've always told my kids that folks will follow your example quicker than they will do what you say, to be someone that others want to be like.
We've come to assume that peer pressure is a negative thing. It's just so wonderful that it can be positive too.

ellis 05-04-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB
I'm going to get off on a little tangent here but ... as a Christian, I'm always very nervous about the 'kind of Christian' who talks talks talks. Most people just stop listening. I've always told my kids that folks will follow your example quicker than they will do what you say, to be someone that others want to be like.
We've come to assume that peer pressure is a negative thing. It's just so wonderful that it can be positive too.

Susan, I'm a Christian, too, and I know exactly what you're saying. :yes: I have a family member who is constantly trying to convert people (and tell them what terrible sinners they are :rolleyes: ), but I much prefer to lead by example.
Besides, I respect people for their own religious beliefs. If someone is a Buddist, then good for them!
Gee... are we off-topic or what, Susan?! :lol:

dalai_lala 05-04-2006 09:13 AM

Wow, what a good feeling Susan! I'd like to hear that someday!

-Lala

srmb60 05-04-2006 09:17 AM

I'm not sure we're very far off topic. It saddens me to find people who don't believe in anything. We see them at 3fc everyday. They don't believe they can lose weight or get healthier. Even tho' goombah's like us can:rofl:

It's kinda scarey really ... if someone choses to believe in something ... and it's me :yikes:

Editted to say .... Lala, you will! I'm surprised you haven't already.

2CMEAGAIN 05-04-2006 10:33 AM

That's great! :carrot: