3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Nsv! Nsv!! Nsv!!! Nsv!!!! Nsv!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/82965-nsv-nsv-nsv-nsv-nsv.html)

Misti in Seattle 04-29-2006 03:56 PM

Nsv! Nsv!! Nsv!!! Nsv!!!! Nsv!!!!!

I got an NSV, yay!

Every year I participate in the Walk for Life to support our local Pregnancy Resource Center. It is about a two mile walk. Usually I end up dragging along at the last part of the group. But I just finished the walk and this year I was not only up walking right behind the leader banner carriers but wishing they would speed it up a bit!! Right at the end they stayed on the street corner until the rest of the group got through so we went ahead... and I was the FIRST one back in the door of the church that sponsored it! Several women (workers) were standing there and started cheering and yelling "Yay... FIRST!" etc. All my walking my butt off is paying off! Yippee!!!! :dance:

boarderchick 04-29-2006 04:59 PM

WOW! I laughed out loud picturing you muttering "move it" as you blew past everyone on the walk. Congratulations. Feels good, doesn't it? : ))

Jtjoray 04-29-2006 05:07 PM

CONGRATS!!!! I bet you felt soo good. Keep up the great work!

Misti in Seattle 04-29-2006 05:17 PM

LOL yah it was driving me NUTs poking along! I am used to "hauling butt" on my walks but had NO idea I would be able to lead the pack! Yes it sure DID feel good!!! LOL the last part we had to go up biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hill and I was SO afraid I would not be able to keep up, but I was determined I was NOT going to drop back at that point!

Thanks for the encouragement!! :dance:

lilybelle 04-29-2006 05:57 PM

Congrat's Misti, I can see how proud you must have been. WTG.

NoLifeWithoutHorses 04-29-2006 06:07 PM

Not only is that a truly great NSV, but I love your milage ticker too! One of my personal challenges is driving truck long haul, and I've been discouraged the last couple months. Since I've driven those miles cross-country so many times, the total mile goal is something I can relate to. I hope you don't mind if I steal it. It's great because I have total control over it - unlike the scale which can fluctuate - and it's an ongoing, long-term goal that I could see. Maybe I'll even keep track of how many miles I've walked in each state, and see how many I can "walk across".

Congrats on the NSV, and thanks for a new motivating idea!

Misti in Seattle 04-29-2006 06:51 PM

Hi Valerie

Glad you like our idea about the mileage! You are VERY welcome to join our challenge group if you would like! We add our miles together and see how soon we can get across the country. If you are interested just go to the Cross Country Challenge Sign-Up thread and then over to the challenge itself and join in!! We could use a few extra feet LOL. I also keep track of my personal steps and mileage -- the ticker shows the group total... LOL I haven't gone 1200 miles by myself. :)

But if you want to do it on your own, sure, of course you can use our ticker idea! :) We are all in this together and I sure use a lot of other people's ideas here!! :)

Oh and congratulations :woo: on your big weight loss! Good job!

Thanks to everyone else for the cheers LOL... they are much appreciated! LOL I admit this morning when I was determined to make it up that hill without losing speed I was thinking about the neat NSV I could post to you if I made it. :dance:

:rain: in Seattle

Keya 04-30-2006 04:30 AM

Way to go Misti :carrot: All your walking paid off. Hats off to the leader of the pack

ZedAus 04-30-2006 08:38 AM

Misti, I just had to smile at this NSV. I could read such joy in your post. Well done, and you deserve to feel wonderful. The difference in that one year is amazing.

Great job on the hill! That was when I knew I was finally fitter... when I could make it up a few hills that I wasn't even game enough to attempt before. That meant as much to me as the weight loss, as my aim all along was to get to a "healthy" weight, and I am defitely healthier now. Poor hubby has a hard time keeping up with me.

Perhaps next year you'll have to introduce a 'running' group, or you'll leave everyone in your dust.

Keep smiling!

Zelma

Misti in Seattle 04-30-2006 09:09 AM

Thanks, Zelma... LOL I would bet just about anyone would have a hard time keeping up with you now! :) I am still amazed every time I see your pictures... and that you lost 192 pounds! Wow!

One good thing (I suppose) about the hills is that there are SO many of them here... and I can't avoid the big ones since I walk during my lunch hour and we are at the top of a huge hill. So any direction we go, we have to climb back up! When I started walking I used to have certain "rocks" and poles etc. that were my "goals" and stopping points. Now I give "victory taps" on the fence at those places or do a victory lap around the poles LOL.

Yes it IS encouraging since I still have SO much to lose that sometimes it can seem overwhelming. But when something like this clearly shows how far I have come, it helps me keep going!

veggielover 04-30-2006 10:40 AM

Misti, thats hard work that paid off!:carrot: :bravo: :running: congrats!!!

Grumbleworts 04-30-2006 01:03 PM

COngratulations! That is an AWESOME achievement! Someday, I hope that I can say the same...not only did you do something great for yourself, but you were helping others in the process!

YAY!!!

MtaTJac 04-30-2006 01:09 PM

Congratulations!! What an awesome achievement! I can just imagine how much accomplishment you felt leading the pack! And to have everyone excitedly calling you the first upon returning! What an amazing feeling!

Im A Loser 04-30-2006 03:22 PM

Awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. I know I'm proud of you. :)

Michelle 04-30-2006 05:58 PM

:dancer: Misti ~ CONGRATULATIONS and great job! I can really tell you're a go getter and never a quitter! You should be very proud of yourself for how far you have already come! :cheer: