Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/168/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Hit 30 pounds gone.

Well it's been 7 weeks and I'm down 30 pounds. I've been doing on of those order food plans. I know not the best but it seems to be working. The plan does have me making 6 of my own meals a week. I've got 20 more to go. I'm never going back. I know now that my body can't process food like I did in the old days. So glad I made this choice.
Carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats! What's the biggest struggle for you in terms of preparing food?
LameGothMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #3  

I think I'm easy in that department. I eat the same thing for my lunches 3oz of tuna in water, 1/4 cup chick peas, 1/4 cup black beans. That's twice a week. For dinner (twice a week) I just follow some of the recipes on their WEB pages. I also cook lots of vegetables with no salt and spray olive oil. I also have a wonderful wife who helps me. I think my biggest struggle is I don't eat with my family all the time. I try to but sometimes my eating schedule is different. One thing that filled me up was a vegetable soup we made out of salt free vegetable broth, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, chick peas, tomato. It kept me on track in the beginning.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations!

I'm also food-prep challenged so I eat a lot of the same thing as well. Isn't it great to not need the extra salt to have things taste good?
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Seasoning your food with salt after meal prep only accounts for 5-10% of your daily sodium intake. Besides, if your kidneys are healthy and you don't have diabetes, hypertension, or cardiac issues, it shouldn't impact you too much.

Men especially need a considerable amount of protein. Don't be afraid to have simple on hand snacks like roasted chicken or boiled eggs. In my experience, this helps yield faster results.
LameGothMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Way to go! If you can do the first 30, you've got it down for the last 20, no problem!

And I agree with LameGothMom. My mom keeps telling me that I shouldn't put any salt on my veggies when I roast them. But humans do need some sodium to function. I don't think she realizes how much sodium I cut out of my diet when I stopped eating processed foods. Even with the pinch of salt I put on the roasted veggies, I'm still only taking in a TINY fraction of the sodium I used to ingest. My blood pressure has dropped from 160/105 to 120/80.

My point is that while you definitely should watch your salt intake, don't go overboard. If you are eating healthy, a little bit of salt on your veggies to make them taste good isn't the end of the world. It doesn't take much. I cook an entire sheet pan of roasted veggies and only use maybe 2 pinches of salt for the whole sheet.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone. I do use turkey as a snack. My wife bought a turkey breast and cooked it for 2 hours (it was big). Then she packed it into 2oz. bags for me. I also eat eggs and edamame. I have now started adding a bit of salt on my veggies. I've never been a big salt guy. Today a work someone asked me when I'm going to get more pants. Ha! When I reach my goal!! Then I'm going shopping.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.6/195/175

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Amazing! Keep up the great work. It's motivating to read about the success of others.
denver_determined is offline   Reply With Quote