3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Many Minis (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/315938-many-minis.html)

ange82much 12-14-2018 03:40 AM

You make it sound so easy! And it is fairly easy once you're started. But on the other hand few people can change their habits and stick to it. So what you've done already is pretty special. Excellent work. I like your strength/size targets plans for 2019. I think you should spend more time thinking about what's different this time compared with all your other times, then bottle it and sell it!! For me I think the difference was better information on diet (specifically making sure that I have less carbs and more good fats and protein in my daily calorie allowance, which means i'm not hungry even though calories are fairly low, and ironically doing no exercise has helped me because again, meant I wasn't too hungry)

You might find the same 'ease' with the weights training when you get in to it. From Jan-June this year I had zero interest in exercising (ok I was injured and couldn't anyway), but now I've started going to the gym every day and I really love it. It's the highlight of the day and I stride back home afterwards along the pavement feeling fit and strong! I'm not going hard particularly or have lofty ambitions, i'm just enjoying being entertained with someone giving me instructions for an hour! The same with dieting really, perhaps it's about finding the right timing for your head to get in to it, and then you're off with a new lifestyle change! It's all good fun, and such a different mindset to before I started when I was feeling unhappy about my weight and health ALL THE TIME.

Lacerta 01-21-2019 10:03 AM

Made a big goal today, and got to mark off both 25% down AND ONEDERLAND!!.

Overweight, here I come. That sounds weird to be excited about, but since I started at Class 3 Morbid Obese, it will be very exciting to reach Overweight in just 8 more pounds.

ange82much 01-22-2019 03:39 AM

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

Congratulations Lacerta!! Go girl!! Very well deserved! Woop Woop. So pleased to hear it!

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

bobblago 01-23-2019 05:20 AM

CONGRATS!!!

I have a lot of mini goal for myself, which I try to integrate to my office job
- walk more
- have a glas water before lunch
- skip lunch and go running

by now, everybody knows about them. But it's hard to met them everyday again and again

Lacerta 04-03-2019 09:47 AM

Finally got to mark off a big one today and update my signature. As of today, I am no longer obese. First time I've been able to say that since 2007. My BMI today is 29.98.

ange82much 04-03-2019 05:15 PM

that's sooooooooooooooooo great Lacerta
bet you feel fantastic!

johnkane 04-04-2019 10:14 AM

This is very inspiring. Thread like this keeps me motivated. Thank you.

Lacerta 04-04-2019 10:32 AM

Thanks ange. I do feel pretty good this week. I feel like all the work I was putting in in March that wasn't showing on the scale or the tape measure is finally being vindicated. I have an annual checkup with my doctor later this month and I'm looking forward to seeing if/how my vitals and bloodwork have improved. I'm down nearly 30% from my starting weight, so I hope to see SOME improvement. Last year when I went in, I had just started my journey, but I was so excited to tell the doc I had lost 10 pounds. She congratulated me, but when I asked how much I weighed at the prior year, I found out I'd actually gained 20 pounds for the year, and lost 10 back, so I was UP 10 pounds year over year. So this year, I'm excited to be able to say I've lost another 65+ since last visit and KNOW it is a real loss.

Thanks johnkane. I want to see everyone succeed, so if I motivated one person a little bit, that feels good.

ange82much 04-04-2019 04:48 PM

haha - how long since you actually looked forward to an annual checkup at the doctors?!! Yet another plus for being on this journey - not feeling like wanting to 'hide' from weight checks and blood tests etc.

johnkane 04-06-2019 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacerta (Post 5385975)
Thanks ange. I do feel pretty good this week. I feel like all the work I was putting in in March that wasn't showing on the scale or the tape measure is finally being vindicated. I have an annual checkup with my doctor later this month and I'm looking forward to seeing if/how my vitals and bloodwork have improved. I'm down nearly 30% from my starting weight, so I hope to see SOME improvement. Last year when I went in, I had just started my journey, but I was so excited to tell the doc I had lost 10 pounds. She congratulated me, but when I asked how much I weighed at the prior year, I found out I'd actually gained 20 pounds for the year, and lost 10 back, so I was UP 10 pounds year over year. So this year, I'm excited to be able to say I've lost another 65+ since last visit and KNOW it is a real loss.

Thanks johnkane. I want to see everyone succeed, so if I motivated one person a little bit, that feels good.

Yes, I hope that you can always be our source of inspiration. Also, I hope that I could reach my own goal!

Lacerta 04-06-2019 09:46 AM

Made another significant minigoal today. My weight today ties for the lowest I've ever weighed since I started tracking in 2005, when I was 27. I got down to this same 190.2 weight for one day (!!) in 2007. So any weigh ins lower than today's weight are uncharted territory for me. In 2005, when I started tracking, I was 210. So the last time I weighed less than 190.2 was probably in around 2003, but I don't know for sure. I know I spent most of college around 170ish, and then started working my desk job in 2001, which is when I started to gain weight.

ange82much 04-07-2019 06:51 PM

hey Lacerta, I can't help but notice that you're seemingly a bit slack on the mini-goal list and it isn't as comprehensive as I think it should be...
surely you'd be excited about the 100lb loss milestone at 167?! Come on. Stop doing a half-hearted job here and add it in :kickbutt:

Lacerta 04-07-2019 07:25 PM

Haha...it's not only there, it's in bold. Look again :)
That's my end of 2019 goal right now.

ange82much 04-07-2019 09:41 PM

Appologies :)

Or maybe i'll offer half-apologies - it's not included in your signature thingy on your general posts - it definitely deserves a look-in there too :mag:

Bg_girl 04-18-2019 11:36 PM

I am the same. Every 2 kg is another mini goal.Great work! I am really happy for you!