Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168 / ? / 130

Height: 5'5

Default Can you see a difference? (newbie, hey!)

Nervous newbie here...I hope this is the right place to post this!
My starting weight was 168lbs (female, 5'5) and i'm aiming to lose around 30-40lbs in however long it takes

I actually have quite a small frame so my fat really "hangs" off me in the most unflattering way (I am usually able to really suck in my gut though, so my stomach is much flatter and controlled in general day to day life, but for the sake of the photo, i'm totally relaxed so I get the full "effect"...gulp). My weight gain started a couple of years ago when I became chronically ill and my activity levels took a beating. I'm currently in the second diagnosis process as I may have been wrongly diagnosed previously....all of this has been very stressful so i've been comfort eating as well as not currently being able to walk and work out like I used to/usually would.

I'm trying to avoid weighing myself on the scales as I get a little obsessive with the little numbers and my weight fluctuates a ridiculous rate within a mere day, so, i'm going by the good old fashioned measuring tape. I will of course, be brave and weigh myself once I know I have lost a good amount of weight. I've also been successful in making a conscious decision to be aware of the food that I am putting into my body. I actually eat very healthily anyway, but my portion control was wayyyy out of hand! So, it's been a case of cutting back on portions and somewhat counting calories.

I have lost 3 inches around my belly since Christmas. I realise a lot of this will be water weight, but i'm pretty chuffed at that. I'm currently walking as much as my body will let me and am doing hiit and cardio workouts in the evening. The shorter bursts of exercise seems to be easier on my body than the long drawn out workouts, which make me really quite ill.

I'm struggling to see a difference so your opinions would be much appreciated (please be kind <3) I know they aren't the best photo's, but it's the best I could do. My problem area is quite obviously my torso. I'm praying that when I lose the weight and everything has shrunk, I will look like I have actual boobs as they never used to look so pathetic

There are 3 weeks in between these two photos.....L-R before and after.
Please be kind, it's taking a lot of bravery to post these photo's, I feel so very ashamed of them...

*hides behind cushion awaiting responses*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 00.11.44.jpg (17.6 KB, 43 views)
Whimsy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Please don't be ashamed! We're here on this site because we've been there, done that and bought the T-shirt. It sounds like you are doing very well and I certainly see a loss in your photos.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:26 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Biddy View Post
Please don't be ashamed! We're here on this site because we've been there, done that and bought the T-shirt. It sounds like you are doing very well and I certainly see a loss in your photos.
Thank you <3 I made the mistake of posting on another forum and they were less than helpful, so I was a little hesitant to try anywhere else. I think I can see a difference in my belly but i'm not sure if i'm imagining it, so it's good to get second opinions x
Whimsy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I can see a difference!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I can see a difference!