3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Half way there (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/307970-half-way-there.html)

kiwi1222 01-24-2016 12:39 PM

Half way there

I have never known when to post in the mini-goals section. I think it is a great mini-goal to state that I am just about half way there. In April I started my journey at 317lbs. I couldn't believe that I had let myself get to 317. My now ex-bf saying that my weight was the only thing stopping him from proposing to me after 10 years of our relationship was very hurtful but it was also a wake up call. I now know that his words were lies as he's since broken up with me in October, and moved in with his HS ex-gf from over 26 years ago and is marrying her sometime this month. But I digress. It was a wake up to me and I started to make changes. It was probably for the wrong reason at the time. I wanted to marry him. I loved him. I still do despite the horrific moments I went through in October. However, after joining this site and being on my journey, I started realizing that the changes were happening for the right reason. I wanted to be healthy. I was sick of being overweight and treating my body and my life poorly. I was doing it for me and not for him or a promise of marriage. I am now 72lbs down and have about 75lbs to go until I reach the goal of 170 that I originally set. Now of course, I don't know if that goal is what I will really want as I get closer to it. I may hit 170 and realize that I want to be 150. Or I may hit 180 and realize that based on how much muscle I carry that I am happy there. My main goal is to be fit and I don't know if I can really put a number on that but for the sake of seeing my ticker I say 170. I am happy to say that I just about half way there. I cannot remember the last time I was this weight, but I will be even happier when I hit the 100 lbs lost mark. That's a huge milestone and I think I can do it. Thank you everybody for all of your support during my journey so far and I hope that this post gives somebody starting some motivation. :) Keep rocking everybody!!!!!

thinwhiteduchess 01-24-2016 11:45 PM

You kick-a**, survivor, take-no-sh*t woman, that's what I'm talking about. I say good riddance to that guy and CONGRATULATIONS. If that's you in your avatar, you are already fabulous, and that stunning smile will only shine brighter the healthier you feel. I am amazed at the power you have over your goals and I wish you the best along the rest of the way. I hope you feel supported and encouraged from someone everyday--especially if that someone is yourself. Keep going!

kiwi1222 01-25-2016 08:33 AM

WOW!!!! That first sentence is EVERYTHING!!!!!! I don't feel like any of those things but wow I'll take it. I have been getting a lot of support from friends and family and more support than you could imagine from this website. Despite not looking the way I want right now, I am so proud of how far I've come. The support from others and seeing that little butterfly cont to move to the right is what really keeps me going. Thank you for the kind and amazing words

dietcokehead98 01-25-2016 04:51 PM

You've got this........

We're rooting for you!!!!!

kiwi1222 01-26-2016 06:30 PM

Thank you so much! :)

theox 01-26-2016 07:08 PM

That's awesome! Good work! :woo::woo::woo:

Candidcamster 01-26-2016 10:05 PM

It gives me motivation for sure, you're amazing Kiwi!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you! :hug:

kiwi1222 01-27-2016 05:48 PM

Thank you everybody. newbie2U, since my life change in October, that I am still working through I actually haven't been as supportive as I should be for people on this site and it does make me disappointed in myself. I've gotten so much from other users here that I know I need to start giving again and not just receiving. Thank you everybody for your awesomeness :)

kiwi1222 01-27-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candidcamster (Post 5233836)
It gives me motivation for sure, you're amazing Kiwi!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you! :hug:

:hug: right back atchya!

lemonthyme 01-28-2016 09:42 AM

Kiwi: Keep up the good work! Soon you will hit that goal. Keep on dancing lady!