Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Battle: Date vs. Cookie---Which one will win?

Why oh why do family members insist on loving us with food during the holidays? When the food is not nourishing? Especially when you're trying to break a sugar dependency?...And they KNOW this is what you're trying to do?!!!

My Aunt in her misguided compassion decide to make us cookies the day before she left. There they were....sitting on the counter top just taunting me. They were defiantly smiling at me with their stupidly sweet gingerbread faces. I almost lost it. I wanted a cookie so bad.

Or did I just want something sweet?...

I figured out it was just something sweet. So I ate a medjool date and a couple of walnuts. *Sigh* Crisis averted.

"I took the road less traveled and that made all the difference."
Swenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174/169.6/125

Height: 5'6"

Yes! I got so many wonderful-looking food gifts from people who love me....dropped them ALL off on the break room table at work because I can't have them here.

Good for you for going for the date instead of the cookie! I don't think I'm at a point yet where I could have done that!
wolfchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Good for you! I baked, ate (bad) left the rest with my mom She can figure out what to do with them, so she froze them and will have a few at a time when it hits. I on the other hand would eat too many. So it's best they are out of my house too.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Thanks y'all. That's a good tip to leave it in the break room.

For sure if it's in the house....I will eat it. That's why I can't bring it into my house. I make it harder to get the junk food by requiring that I make the problem food (cookie, cupcake, burger, burritos) completely from scratch. No shortcuts. It helps me "healthify" the food a bit and I still get my treat.
Swenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

Swenea, I like the from scratch idea. I may need to adopt it. I do sort of similar in that if I have an irresistible craving for say, a chocolate bar, I can have one... but I have to walk to the store to get it. Since it's January, that temptation's been a little easier to beat
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote