3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   VERY mini goal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/303649-very-mini-goal.html)

nowtnewunderthesun 04-23-2015 02:44 PM

VERY mini goal

Sorry, this is very little, but big for me.

On Tuesday a colleague gave me a box of chocolates. I tried to decline them but they really weren't accepting it so I had to give in.

I decided actually, there will be times in life when there are temptations around and I can't just avoid forever, I have to develop some skills to cope.

So I allowed myself 3 chocolates a day. And I've stuck to it. I'm amazed at my restraint.

They're in my fridge in my office, and they're not even tormenting me. They're just there, and at 11am tomorrow when I have my apple I'll only have 3 chocolates.

I accept that no chocolates is better than 3 chocolates, but my plan is not to diet but instead to move towards a healthy lifestyle. Even healthy people eat the occasional chocolate, don't they? :)

VegTraveler 04-23-2015 03:35 PM

I am seriously, seriously impressed. I'd call that way more than a mini goal! I'm so terrible with temptations like that around me all the time. I'd say three, and then rationalize four, then before I'd know it I would have eaten the entire thing. Nice work!

SenseAndSensibility 04-23-2015 06:43 PM

Um, that is incredible!!! And I'm the "chocolate in moderation is better than no chocolate" camp. You just proved to yourself and all of us that at maintenance, and even now during dieting, you can enjoy treats without indulging. You don't have to live in a chocolate-less world.

Streudel 04-23-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenseAndSensibility (Post 5156712)
Um, that is incredible!!! And I'm the "chocolate in moderation is better than no chocolate" camp. You just proved to yourself and all of us that at maintenance, and even now during dieting, you can enjoy treats without indulging. You don't have to live in a chocolate-less world.

This. Times a million. :D

Congratulations! :carrot:

nowtnewunderthesun 04-25-2015 08:09 AM

Thanks guys :) I'm really beaming with pride here. I actually only had 2 chocolates yesterday and so the box is still in the fridge in my office half full.

And Friday was a pretty stressful day and so would typically be a day in which I say "You've handled this stress really well today, you should be rewarded with those chocolates in the fridge!"

Liliann 04-26-2015 11:37 AM

Wow, Talk about self control on chocolates...3 is fantastic and I admired your control with sweets. You are very strong!! Way to go!! :)

Noggs 04-26-2015 03:06 PM

Good for you...I would have a terrible time with this. Be proud of yourself!

SevenDown 05-14-2015 11:02 AM

Fantastic!!! As a snacker who has a sweet tooth with no shut off button I'm impressed!! You SO got this!

sunarie 05-14-2015 12:56 PM

Non-scale victories are the best victories. Being able to pass up snacks was a huge thing for me. Awesome job and congrats!

Terra1984 05-25-2015 03:11 PM

Good job on only eating 3 pieces of chocolate a day, Thats what I do too. I love the chocolate rensens and I only have 3 pieces each day.