Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/245/160

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up My journey begins with the Ideal Protein Diet

I was a little nervous about posting about my personal weight loss. I worry that I might jinx myself. But it's time to hold myself accountable! I want to tell everyone what I'm doing. I'm happy to have a weight loss counselor at the IP clinic. I cannot even begin to tell how excited I am. I was overweight as a child, then during my eight grade summer I decided to try weight watchers. My aunt had done it and lost so much weight. Even though I was young at the time, I knew I needed to lose weight. I didn't have any concept of calories or reading labels- looking back to when I did the point system, I didn't necessarily measure out how much tuna went into my sandwich. I lost 30 pounds. It brought me from overweight to healthy. I was 170 and went down to 150 by the time I started high school. Soon after I was down to 140. It doesn't seem like a lot, but its a huge difference and a confidence boost. I remember I put on a pair of pants that I had bought new at the beginning of summer(yes I wear pants in summer occasionally ), then when I went to try on my school clothes none of them fit! I was surprised at how baggy they were. It was the first time I had ever lost weight like that... I was completely shocked. I never really expected results. I hadn't been weighing myself all summer either. I believe I was wearing stretchy shorts which is why I wouldn't have noticed.

Flash forward a few years: I was able to keep the weight off all throughout high school. I got married and had children young. My first pregnancy I "blew up". I was so sad at what had happened to my body. I tried to diet but lacked the motivation. Any new mom knows it's hard. I was also working part time as a nanny and we were always out and about. Six months after having my first son, I became pregnant with my second. This time around, I decided to go hardcore with veggies and whole grain. I began to educate myself on healthy eating. I knew I couldn't diet while I was pregnant, but a few simple lifestyle changes made a huge difference. I didn't weigh as much as I did with my first child when I gave birth. I began weight watchers after and the weight came right off. I was back to high school skinny! I maintained it for a few years, then became pregnant with my daughter... I gained an average amount while I was pregnant, but after I gave birth my weight went up. It's been steadily increasing ever since. I tried doing weight watchers again. I would drop a couple pounds, then fall off the weight watchers wagon.

Finally, I'm at the end of my rope. I developed sleep apnea. I breathe heavy after going upstairs. I've never been nor felt so fat. I constantly feel like the "big girl" in the room. My weight is constantly on my mind, and for once I'd like to think about something else. A coworker looked at my wedding picture on Facebook and was shocked. In a kind way, they said I was still beautiful but I should think about going to the gym, that I looked healthier and a "10" in that picture. Of course, every woman tries to be a "10" on their wedding day. But that coworker was right. And that was all it took. I went to my local gym and said there can't be a price placed on my personal happiness- this is a lifestyle change that will affect me and my children in a positive way. That's when I noticed the Ideal Protein clinic right next door.

I immediately asked about it. I had never heard about it. I liked everything they had to say. Of course the price is on the high side, but when broken down, it's totally worth it. Like buying a house- $350,000? But when you break it down into mortgages, totally affordable and absolutely worth it. And necessary. I met with my coach yesterday and was measured. She made me feel comfortable and positive about the journey. I am honestly so excited. I saw pictures of some of the local residents in my town with before and after and how long it took and I want to do that. The biggest thing is that it teaches you how to maintain. There are so many wonderful things I can talk about with this diet but I need to wrap this up!

It's day two and I feel totally fine. Yesterday I started to get hungry, then I cut up a cucumber and put some salt on it. Unlimited cucumbers!! Love it!! I heard the first few days are the hardest, and if this is what I have to deal with then I am sooo going to be able to keep up with it. My first official one week weigh in is on Tuesday and I can't wait- I can't wait to get on a scale? AWESOME FEELING!

KaylaG is offline   Reply With Quote