3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   One week down, zillions to go (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/288535-one-week-down-zillions-go.html)

CharityMarie 10-11-2013 05:08 PM

One week down, zillions to go

So i officially started my diet one week ago, that's really not a lot of time in perspective.. but when all that time is busy thinking about what you're going to eat and when and how much you should have.. it grinds time down pretty hard, especially when you never put that much thought into food. Before it was just "hey what am i craving" and then I'd go get it.. now its a carefully laid out plan. I know diets (healthy lifestyles, i should say!) take a while to get used to, and there are bumps in the road.. but I found this site after I started, and I'm not going to give up.

I've lost 7 pounds so far, I weighed in last week at 287 but the highest I have ever seen my scale was 296 -

I'm sorry if this is a crappy mini-goal or nsv but to me it's a lot :) I know its going to take a while for weight to drop off in a healthy way.. so I've got a year goal, and this is one week down, 51 to go!

Mneubauer 10-11-2013 05:25 PM

Congrats

Congrats on the 7 lbs. I posted this in another forum. It is a little challenge I am apart of to stay motivated going into the holiday season. I thought you might be interested.

My husband and I have been brainstorming different ideas to get a weight loss plan together for the Holidays, and we finally came up with the Turkey Day trim-down. Our plan is basically to get a group of people to partake in the trim-down starting next week and going until Thanksgiving. We know we need community motivation as bad as the next person and our plan is to keep a group forum/blog jotting down our daily activity and diet so we can all hold each other accountable, we will then share our progress come Thanksgiving.

Plus, we got a website to donate free raffle prizes for anyone that joins in.

How great would it be to show up to the Holidays looking and feeling better than we ever have. There is nothing better than walking into a family function and someone saying, "wow, have you lost weight?"

Reply on here if you are interested and I'll get you the details.

Kaitie9399 10-11-2013 05:57 PM

Wahoo!! :congrat: Charity!

I understand completely about having to be 110% focused on all things food and exercise related. But! All that hard work is paying off! -7 is awesome!

:cheer:

Mozzy 10-11-2013 07:44 PM

Good for you!

ILoveVegetables 10-12-2013 03:26 AM

Awesome, congratulations on the 7 lbs :)

konablue 10-12-2013 10:49 AM

Congrats on the 7 lbs. That is great work! I found the "obsession" that I had at the beginning has worn off a bit since everything has become more of a habit. But it was like I almost had to be obsessed with everything to stay on track for that first month. I'm on week 7 now and I'm loving it! Keep going, it's totally worth it! :)

tefrey 10-12-2013 12:46 PM

A lot of people don't make it through their first week, so I for one think a successful start is one of the most important mini goals!!! Congrats!!!!

I get what you are saying about having to be totally committed. One thing that helps me is creating a list of diet meals that I don't need to think about. So about 90% of the time I am eating meals that I 'know' fall inside my calorie guidelines and that I don't need to think about. So after a few weeks the diet shouldn't be so hard, because you will have your own list of go to meals in place.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing more about your progress!!!

anity 10-14-2013 08:27 PM

7 pounds in one week is really amazing! Great job and congratulations! :D

It's true the hardest days are the first ones, but from then on the transformation is quite incredible. Not only weight-wise, but all the transformations you go through, in your way of thinking, of dealing with food and with your body... it really is pretty amazing. The keys are commitment and persistence, you can get anywhere with these two.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to hear more victory stories from you! :)

IanG 10-14-2013 08:41 PM

That's a fantastic loss. And it does not take a zillion weeks.

Mrs Snark 10-18-2013 04:47 PM

That is so not a "crappy mini-goal"!!! The first hours, days, and weeks are SOOOOO hard! I mean, seriously, getting through day 1, then day 2, then week 1, etc -- it is just so difficult!

You should be SO PROUD of yourself and realize what a victory it is to keep going!

WAY TO GO!!!

MrsKevin 10-18-2013 06:42 PM

CharityMarie :congrat:

You know, we all had a "first week completed". Like MrsSnark says, be PROUD. Just think, it's the first week that you'll look back on one day and think "I've been doing this for a while now, and it's gotten easier than the first week...how did THAT happen" and smile :D At least, that's how I feel now, and I'm like 11 weeks, 1 day into my program, and I've lost over 27# so far.

Be proud of yourself-- we all are proud of you!!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: We'll even boogie a bit in your honor!

:hug:MrsKevin (aka: Suzanne)

Patchrun 10-19-2013 05:47 PM

Congrats! The first week was the hardest for me!

elvislover324 10-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanG (Post 4862463)
That's a fantastic loss. And it does not take a zillion weeks.

Ian speaks some wise words!! He is a testament to the changes ones body can make in a year, he's amazing!

I lost 150lbs in less than a year but I'm hardly in the physical shape Ian is. I wanted the weight off first, now it's time for toning and strength (and losing a few more pounds).

Take it one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm so very blessed to have made these amazing changes in the past year. If you told me this time last year that I would be so close to my goal, I would never have believed it. Hang in there and good luck! You can do this!

Liliann 10-25-2013 06:10 PM

Great job on your 7 Lbs loss so far!! Awesome start and Much continue efforts!!

smileygirlmel 11-19-2013 02:20 PM

This is a wonderful mini-goal! The first week is harder and it says a lot that you stuck with it AND you are smart enough to realize you hit one goal already!

BTW, I love how you are looking at it one week at a time. Counting down seems so much easier than counting up! I've got 2.5 weeks down, only 49.5 weeks to go! :carrot: