3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   New Mini Goal For Me (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/287048-new-mini-goal-me.html)

firegirl441 09-01-2013 10:33 PM

New Mini Goal For Me

I am just getting back on track with healthy eating and hopefully some light water exercise. I had surgery 5/1/13 and have gained back 25 of the 32 lbs I lost in the 3 months before surgery. What a failure I feel!

My goal for this week is to stay on my MRC meta-slim plan this week. I start in the morning and have purchased a few different fruits and veggies in addition to the veggies hubby and I grow in our garden. These will make it easier for me to focus on eating the right things. I also have to remember to use the measuring cups/spoons and electronic food scale I have sitting on the counter.

My first weigh-in will be this Wednesday at MRC.

firegirl441 09-02-2013 10:46 PM

1st day success

Well I made it through the first day. I got in 4 supplements, 88 ounces of water and stayed on program despite the fact that I made 15 loaves of bread to sell at the farmer's market tomorrow and 24 blueberry bread muffins. The only thing I really did off plan was to eat an extra 15 calorie ice pop and extra non-dairy whipped cream on my diet jello. I figured it was maybe 40 extra calories, but I still consider today as success as I would have loved to eat some of the blueberry or banana nut bread and I didn't. I am planning ahead for breakfast in the morning before going to the market so that I don't botch it. I am planning a MRC vanilla shake with a few strawberries in it, and I am taking iced bottled water and two supplements to have while I am there.

Mrs Snark 09-03-2013 07:56 AM

Amazing resistance to the baked goods, you are my hero! Well done!

firegirl441 09-03-2013 03:01 PM

Thanks, Mrs. Snark! The market was this morning and thankfully everything we took we sold except one pint of okra and DH wants me to boil that for him for dinner tonight. He plans to make drunk chicken to go with it and I have some yellow crookneck squash and vidalia onions I plan to stew down.
For anyone that doesn't know what drunk chicken is, you take a whole chicken and the chicken rack that is designed to hold a beer can, and you fit the chicken over the rack and the beer can fits into the rear end which has been opened up pretty wide anyway to take the insides out. You put it on the grill or in the oven or smoker and let it cook pretty slow. It tastes magnificent. I plan to put some garlic and fresh rosemary on the outside of the chicken for some extra flavor. Some people like to put apple juice in the can instead of beer and that makes a great tasting flavor also. I have done OK today. I could only get down 1/2 of my MRC vanilla shake with 5 strawberries in it because I got so hot at the market and just didn't think I could keep it down. I did drink 2 bottles of ice cold water. When I got home, I ate a handful of Scuppernong grapes and some leftover browned ground venison and tomatoes and okra with another bottle of water. It was very tasty. I am too drained to do much else this afternoon, but I hope DH and I can plant some lettuce, cilantro, squash and peppermint swiss chard when it cools off later this evening.

firegirl441 09-04-2013 10:11 AM

Well Last night's plans for dinner changed but I was able to stay on plan because the neighbor cooked what I could have when she invited us over. Wonderful round steak with mushrooms and Montreal seasoning and stewed tomatoes, onions and mini white eggplant. Yummy!!

DH is making the drunk chicken this evening and my mouth is already watering. I can't wait.