3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Mini goal getting closer (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/286858-mini-goal-getting-closer.html)

vintagecat 08-28-2013 04:16 PM

Mini goal getting closer

On June 25 of this year I weighed 256 pounds. I know this because I had a doctor's appointment. You can't get out of the dang scale there. I had been cruising along on my never diet again plan but I was eating junk way more than I should. Being a former binge eater with life threatening binges, even eating junk too often (without bingeing) was a major step forward.

I saw that number and was sick of it. My A1C was not good and I decided to give myself another chance at a normal weight. So my husband and I decided to change to healthier food as a preponderance of our eating. Fresh vegetables, lean meats, fruit, but on the low carb end of the spectrum since I'm a Type II non-insulin dependent diabetic. I eat what I choose, but I eat slowly and stop when full. A variation on intuitive eating I guess.

I weigh a couple of times a week to keep myself informed. This morning I weighed 226#, 30 pounds down. Most of my clothes are gone having been sent to the thrift shop. My mini goal is under 200# the first time I'll see that in over two decades, but a closer mini goal is to be able to get out of "plus sized" women's clothes. Just a misses XL (and not the biggest XL ever made) as an average would be glorious. I'm a bit of a fashion lover and plus sized clothes are rarely fashionable.

I tried a pair of super flattering XL pants and they fit. I was still stuck in a 1X top but the loose jacket coat was also XL. I didn't look huge in the mirror. I almost looked normal. I went to the State Fair last week and I wasn't one of the fattest people there like I usually am. Far from it this year!!!!

Hooray! I'm getting really close.

Mrs Snark 08-28-2013 04:37 PM

Congratulations!

I bet it felt really GREAT to see yourself in those clothes! And it sounds like you are losing it in such a healthy way, too! Well done you!

levoguette 08-28-2013 04:47 PM

Congratulations vintagecat! 30 lbs in about two months is a wonderful amount of loss!
I've also been at it for a little over two months (started on June 22) and am getting close to 20 lbs lost now.
Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be at your goal in no time! :)

belovedspirit 08-28-2013 05:07 PM

:woohoo: Hooray!!! WAY TO GO! I'm super excited for you! :D

Rytre 08-28-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagecat (Post 4827099)
On June 25 of this year I weighed 256 pounds. I know this because I had a doctor's appointment. You can't get out of the dang scale there. I had been cruising along on my never diet again plan but I was eating junk way more than I should. Being a former binge eater with life threatening binges, even eating junk too often (without bingeing) was a major step forward.

I saw that number and was sick of it. My A1C was not good and I decided to give myself another chance at a normal weight. So my husband and I decided to change to healthier food as a preponderance of our eating. Fresh vegetables, lean meats, fruit, but on the low carb end of the spectrum since I'm a Type II non-insulin dependent diabetic. I eat what I choose, but I eat slowly and stop when full. A variation on intuitive eating I guess.

I weigh a couple of times a week to keep myself informed. This morning I weighed 226#, 30 pounds down. Most of my clothes are gone having been sent to the thrift shop. My mini goal is under 200# the first time I'll see that in over two decades, but a closer mini goal is to be able to get out of "plus sized" women's clothes. Just a misses XL (and not the biggest XL ever made) as an average would be glorious. I'm a bit of a fashion lover and plus sized clothes are rarely fashionable.

I tried a pair of super flattering XL pants and they fit. I was still stuck in a 1X top but the loose jacket coat was also XL. I didn't look huge in the mirror. I almost looked normal. I went to the State Fair last week and I wasn't one of the fattest people there like I usually am. Far from it this year!!!!

Hooray! I'm getting really close.

That's great, vintagecat. I know what you mean about wanting to get out of plus-size clothes. I hate them! I have one or two tops in my closet that I would wear if I were in regular-size clothes. The rest are just fat clothes to cover my body.

I look good when I am able to wear XL (IMHO) and can't weight until I get out of plus-size. I am now in a 2X which was hard to take.

My mini-goal is very mini. It is to lose 5 pounds which I did and then went on to lose 2 more this week. I feel great. Congrats to you!

Mozzy 08-28-2013 10:43 PM

Congrats!!!

Kaitie9399 08-29-2013 08:07 AM

:congrat:

Keep up the great work!

jessica2231 08-29-2013 09:00 AM

that is awesome! I cant wait to be giving clothes away! :) :carrot: