OneYear On

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well its been one year since I started to try and lose some weight and so far I have lost 4 and a half stone (29.1kgs) (64lbs). I know I could have lost more in that time but at least I have lost weight and not put any on. Fingers cross to losing some more. Thanks for reading.
  • You are doing a great job!
  • well done Liz, that's a fantastic loss!
  • You should be very proud! That's a good amount of weight to lose. Unfortunately, there are a lot of misconceptions out there on how much weight we should be losing. You are doing a tremendous job! Well done!
  • That is awesome; congratulations!!
  • You are doing great!
  • This is wonderful.... Congrats! Here's to another great year!
  • Congrats!
  • Congratulations!!
  • Thanks everyone. :-)

I know I should be proud but I can't help but see the bad side off it - thats just me I guess - I know I could have lost more. And I know there are people out that wouldn't see a lost of 4 and a half stone in a year is better than doing nothing and gaining weight in that time. Anyway, I hope to lose some more.

Thanks again.
  • I think that you've done fantastically well and should be very proud of yourself.
  • Quote: Well its been one year since I started to try and lose some weight and so far I have lost 4 and a half stone (29.1kgs) (64lbs). I know I could have lost more in that time but at least I have lost weight and not put any on. Fingers cross to losing some more. Thanks for reading.
    There's nothing shabby about 64 pounds in a year! I lost 50 pounds in 10 months and was darn proud of it. I think your pace is just about ideal. Keep it up!

Freelance
  • Thank You - I know I should be proud and I am, just wish I was more proud but I only see the bad side in everything I do, but thats just life eh.

Thanks again everyone.
  • Yes, Liz, I get it....I have the same tendency to minimize my accomplishments. It helps me to write down my successes--not just in weight loss but in other things as well. It takes some doing, but I try to retrain myself to see through a glass brightly, rather than darkly. I hope we can both be better to ourselves. If it helps any, you inspire me! I hope I can lose 64 pounds this year!
  • The plus side on losing the weight slowly is that your skin won't be saggy (unless you are lucky enough to have good genetics and that not be an issue.)