3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   100 days of exercising every day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/282528-100-days-exercising-every-day.html)

alizarin 05-29-2013 10:31 AM

100 days of exercising every day

I did it :D

At least 30 minutes a day, every day, for a 100 days :) Today is day 101. The only requirement was/is a continuous 30 minutes of heart-rate-raised (so, walking my dog doesn't count). I'm mostly cycling in the gym though while watching TV shows on my phone. (I totally recommend doing that if you got a smartphone - have a TV series you really like and there are a couple of seasons of, and ONLY watch it when you're in the gym. That way, I ended up exercising longer, making it less boring, and actually looking forward to it more.)

I started this as a work-out-every-day-for-a-month challenge and then I just kept going. It wasn't always easy (especially those 2am workouts, or when I had particularly bad binge/purge days), but I really do realize more and more how good exercising is for me.

And, the most awesome thing: it's becoming routine! I thought that would have happened sooner, but it really only started feeling like a routine some 10 days ago or so. So it took 3 months! Before that, I would worry all day every day that I wouldn't do it, and that I would be a failure if I wouldn't, and it took me a lot of convicing-myself to actually go out and do it. So, rather high stress levels associated with it. Now, I'm more relaxed, and I don't _have_ to go work out right after I get home from work. If I'm hungry I can eat first, If I'm tired I can sleep first, and I'm confident that won't be the excuse to skip my workout. It's kind of hard to explain, but I did stress a lot about whether I would go to the gym today or not and reminding myself that I should go. Now, not so much, and I'm loving it.

Now, the next step will be to stop fretting about when I will have my first day off, and then NOT feeling like a failure for breaking the chain. I've got a move coming up, and since the gym is part of my apartment complex, there may well be a day or two of missing workouts, although I still can go on rides on my ordinary bicycle, which I enjoy too. So, I hope there won't be any missed days, but .. I mean, eventually, there will be. I try to do it as long as I can without breaking my back, and then once I break the chain, I know it'll be alright. Because the chain isn't the point anyway, but what I wrote above - making it routine.

Kaitie9399 05-29-2013 08:45 PM

:cheer: Bravo!!! :cheer:

Sum38 05-29-2013 08:52 PM

Awesome!

I have exercised 57/63 days. And I do count walking my puppy, but we "fly" 4.1 MPH speed ;) -- I can't wait to say that I have exercised 100 days. Yay for you!

alizarin 05-29-2013 09:13 PM

Yay Katie!

Every day you're getting closer to the 100, so I'll be waiting here for your NSV victory thread :)

Oh yeah - walking my dog is nothing like 4.1mph .. today it's been over 90 again, and she's definitely not up for that speed. We're more .. the strolling type :D

Mozzy 05-29-2013 09:22 PM

Super yay!

SuperHeroTeacher 05-29-2013 10:51 PM

You are amazing alizarin! You've inspired me - I think I'll start a challenge thread - 100 days of daily exercise!

lazylioness 05-30-2013 11:45 PM

Woohoo!

I am on day one of my 14 week self challenge myself! You inspire me!!!

alizarin 05-31-2013 08:23 AM

SuperHeroTeacher, lazylioness - THANK YOU!

I'm a little flustered that I would be a source of inspiration to anyone, but I'll take it :D

It's soooo worth it! Exercising is the one thing you can feel good about, even if the scale doesn't cooperate. And it's almost entirely within your control to make it happen. My scale went up today, but so what - I'm on day 103! I wish you all the determination and strength you need on your challenge, lazylioness. Make sure you guys keep us posted!