A couple of NSVs today!

• I'm not sure if this is the right area for NSVs, but here goes:

NSV #1 - I went to see an orthopedic doctor today for a persistent pain that I've been getting on the top of my foot when I run. In the week+ that I've been waiting for this appointment (all the while NOT running), I had myself convinced it was the beginnings of a stress fracture - which would mean bad, bad things for the marathon training I'm supposed to start next week.

Well.... Turns out its not a stress fracture, and it was a cyst causing the pain!! Sorry, kind of gross. I didn't even know you could get cysts on the top of your foot. Apparently it has something to do with the friction of the shoe and top of the foot when running...so it's not unheard of for runners to get this. A quick procedure later and I can run tomorrow! Hopefully pain free!! This was a big sigh of relief for me!!

NSV #2 - I can have good luck with INC dresses from Macy's. They have to be a certain style and certain fabric for me to feel great in them. Anyways, I bought a medium sized dress a few weeks ago, but I recently have been feeling like maybe that was a BIT too big for me and maybe I should have tried on a small. I went to one Macy's today and they only had an extra-small left. I tried that on just out of curiosity and while it was too tight, it fit! I mean, I wouldn't wear it in public, but I was able to breathe in it. (I should note that the style of dresses I like are very forgiving to my body - tighter in the top where I'm small and then flowy-ish from the ribcage down where the bulk of my weight is - hips/thighs) There was another store that had a couple of smalls in stock, so I zoomed over there. The small fit pretty well! I wish it were a BIT looser, but I could wear it in public today if I wanted. I'm hoping that after a few more pounds down it will be just right.

I just don't think I've ever walked into Macy's asking "Do you have this in a small?" That's a really foreign concept to me!!

I came home and looked at the 2 XL INC dresses still hanging in my closet and tossed them into the donate pile!

Unfortunately today I also think I strained the muscle in my right butt (one of the gluteal muscles) - I know, right??

These NSVs kind of make up for that though

Thanks for reading!!!
  • Awesome kindasorta!!! Those all qualify as NSVs in my book!! Sounds like you had a great day!! Sorry about the cyst and your butt though. You are going to rock those dresses!!
  • Super yay for NSV's!
  • Quote:
    Sorry about the cyst and your butt though
    This made me laugh!!

Thanks for posting Elvis and Mozzy
  • Congrats! I can just imagine the happy dance when the extra-small and small fit. Huge accomplishment!!