I can button my size 10 Old Navy jeans!

• I bought these jeans months ago to motivate me. 18 pounds ago I couldn't even comfortably get them over my butt. Then I could get them on but there was no way that button was going in that buttonhole. Tonight, just on a whim, I tried it and....I can button my size 10 Old Navy jeans! Sure, they are tight and I have a muffin top, but this is a concrete sign of progress beyond the scale.

Not in onederland yet, and still in an obese BMI but this is a sign of progress, and of a shrinking waistline which is one of my key goals.

Now....to work towards the day when I can zip them up and wear them out in public!

Thanks for your support everybody! Hooray for non-scale victories!
  • Awesome!!! I can't ever remember being a 10 in my whole life, even when I was 160lbs. I'm going to try this time though!! I'm so envious of you!! Soon you'll be posting to us that they are too big on you!!
  • That is fabulous! Just wait until the day they fit "for real"....you're gonna be bouncing with joy.
  • congrats ! you'll be fitting into them properly in no time !
  • I do the same thing!! Congrats!
  • Awesome! Great work!
  • Yay!
  • Thanks everybody! Today I am wearing another pair of pants that used to be very snug and I realize that now I can keep my keys and my cell phone in the pockets when I didn't used to be able to do this. Another NSV. Especially since the scale can be so finicky, and since it doesn't differentiate what kind of weight we are losing, I think it is so helpful to measure in other ways, too.
  • That's fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Great job on both of your NSVs!!! That has to be an awesome feeling, for sure!!!
  • Super yay!
  • Oh, and the icing on the cake: yesterday I hit onederland!

Thanks everybody for your kindness and encouragement - sending it back to you all!
  • Great job! I know the feeling of fitting into clothes again and it's so satisfying. Always remember that the scale is just one of many tools of measurement. Now bask in the glory of wearing new clothes!
  • Whoooo hoooo! That's AWESOME!!!!

I'm so glad you are kicking butt at this weight loss game! LOL