Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Tuna is awesome Stu (especially in water, not oil). Stick with that.

PS The mercury never made me mad!

Last edited by IanG; 05-13-2013 at 02:54 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #17  

Well another week past and i am pleased to say another 2 pounds off , its slower than i expected but at least its going down.

I am still having trouble with evening and late night eating but its now just Bran Flakes i eat at night.

Ive also had a couple of bad days where i ate too much carbs.

ill try harder this week so heres hoping i can get off 3 pounds this time

Last edited by Stuartsdiet1; 05-21-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Stuartsdiet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #18  

Bad news this week , i put a pound on again potentially more but fasted the last couple of days so im not convinced the 15stone 9lbs was an acurate weight reading.

Things seemed to start going wrong on Tuesday, the food cravings were intense and i ended up driving to the supermarket about 10pm and bought a load of reduced junk food , and of course binged that night and then ate a lot on the following day and thursday , on Friday i basically panicked and stopped eating , so i messed up and feel terrible, its the hunger pains i cant control them and dont know what to do

Last edited by Stuartsdiet1; 06-02-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #19  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Have you ever read "Cook This Not That: 350 Calorie Meals"? I read it a few years ago, and it changed the way I thought about weight loss. This really stuck with me: It said hunger makes us fat. When dieting, we eat very little and endure hunger pains, thinking that's the way to drop pounds. But the book explains that strategy actually makes us put on weight because our hungry body starts burning our muscle and we set ourselves up for a binge. (Some people do well with severely restricted calories, but many of us don't.)

Weight loss becomes easier if you eat just enough so that you're no longer hungry.

I'd suggest eating about 300-400 calories five times a day. You may find that you don't need to break it up that much, that doing that 3x's and then having one larger 600-700 calorie meal works for you.

Eating under 2000 calories a day and doing at least 30 minutes of cardio six days a week will have you losing weight. It may be slow, but it'll be steady and even pleasant.

Some sample filling 300-400 meals:
* Whole grain toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk
* 1 Chicken thigh or breast (with the skin) and tons of veggies (even with some butter)
* 4 oz of lean beef and tons of veggies
* Greek yogurt (more protein than the other kind), a piece of fruit, and some nuts (just a handful)
* Eggs (about 80 calories each, these can be prepared in all sorts of tasty ways)
* An egg sandwich on low calorie bread, a slice of cheese, and some guacamole or meat.

I highly rec that book I mentioned above. It lists so many tasty meals that are under 350 calories.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #20  

Thanks Crispin for your info and advice

I notice that my mouth constantly produces saliva , i dont know why but i think this is linked to my food cravings , my mum noticed when we were out for a walk that i kept spitting, i dont normally spit in public but we were on a hill walk, if i am constantly swallowing the saliva my mouth produces i dont feel well, does anyone else ever have this problem ?
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #21  

I am on the verge of quitting , went on the scales today and my fears came true 15 stone 12 and a half pounds, evrything i lost back on plus half a pound , im really pissed off , 3 weeks of agony feeling hungry , missing out on goin for food with friends & family, Fighting food cravings and generally feeling unhappy, and look whats happened im back exactly where i started ! DISASTER !

Last edited by Stuartsdiet1; 06-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #22  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Aw, man. I'd feel disappointed and mad too.

Would you mind sharing what you've been eating? And also what you'd eat instead if you quit dieting?

There may be a spot in between the two that would be more liveable.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #23  

Well today ive had

One white roll with egg mayonaise

Two milk Chocolate digestive biscuits

Two 0% Fat Activia Yogurts

4 Onion flavour Rivitas with Low Cal Spread

1 large bowl of fruit and fibre with skimmed milk

2 Chicken Breasts

1 Packet of supernoodles

6 cups of tea with skimmed milk

2 squares of white chocolate

Last edited by Stuartsdiet1; 06-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #24  

I ate eight hard boiled eggs at 9pm the night before , with salt , thats when i lost control again ! I boiled them as they were going out of date i planned to eat two for brekfast and refrigerate the others for the following three mornings but it all went wrong.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #25  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartsdiet1 View Post
Ok heres the situation

age 34

height 5ft 7 , current weight 15stone 12 pounds

Target weight is 12 stone 7 pounds , so total weight loss will be 47 pounds , or 3 stone 5 pounds

It starts now , as of 10.43am im on my diet , had a bad breakfast this morning of a pizza with loads of ketchup so the day got off to a bad start and it was after i ate the pizza i thought thats it something must be done !, a few years ago i was maintaining my weight at 13st 8lbs fine , still over weight but i didnt really worry about it , but since i hit my thirties the weight has steadily increased, so its now or never !

Im planning early morning walk before a healthy brekkie and also a bit of weights and punch bag after tea time , no food after 6pm apart from a bowl of cereal for supper , im cutting out white bread, crisps, sweets ,biscuits, fizzy drinks and sauces ie mayo, salad cream and ketchup.

Ill keep you up to date on my progress , next weigh in a week today
Your opening line has me now singing "Parents just don't understand"...

Ok..here's the situation..my parents went away on a weeks vacation...." You get the picture.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #26  
13 pds in 7 days!

Have you ever considered doing Atkins? I really is easy to follow and you feel very satisfied...
Old 06-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #27  

The Atkins is meant to be very bad for your health, as far as i was told anyway so that put me off ever doing it
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #28  
13 pds in 7 days!

Quote:
The Atkins is meant to be very bad for your health, as far as i was told anyway so that put me off ever doing it
It is true it has gotten a lot of bad press..but it is quite the contrary. If you do a search on You Tube for Low Carb/High Fat diets..you will find loads of experts who talk about the results their patients have had ..not just with weight..but diabetes, BP, heart disease, dementia..etc. Just a thought.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #29  

I am in a reflective mood at the moment , i can and i will turn this around , its a nightmare to put on 4 and half pounds but at the end of they day it can be lost again and some.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That's only if you avoid fruits and beans/legumes. If you remove bread, pasta, etc. you might find weight loss happening a little quicker but for completely removing those just wasn't an option for me with work lunches, family dinners, etc.

Last edited by PatLib; 06-06-2013 at 04:44 PM.
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote