3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   It's been a year and I am SO glad... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/280765-its-been-year-i-am-so-glad.html)

Cattails 05-01-2013 07:48 AM

It's been a year and I am SO glad...

...that I started this journey! A year ago, I was in pretty bad shape, health-wise. Totally sedentary, eating horribly and carrying too much weight. A random cold that caused me to lose about 6 pounds in two days (yeah, I know - just water weight, but still!) inspired me to make a conscious effort to get healthier, and wowee, I've stuck to it! I've been making little changes here and there and look at this: fifty pounds gone!

I've discovered a brand-new love for vegetables and can't seem to get enough of them anymore. I'd forgotten how lovely it is to exert this body physically, but I've recalled and I actually crave exercise. Paying attention to my body and giving my health priority was a struggle but now is standard for me. It's amazing how incremental changes have become my new way of life, and I don't get rattled about the scale getting stuck or even showing a slight increase - I just carry on as usual and know that this way of living will win out!

Being involved with this site has been invaluable for me. Reading about the struggles and successes - even the failures - is so inspiring. So I wanted to share, and encourage others reading this to KEEP AT IT!!! Keep chipping away at your bad habits and replace them with better ones, a little at a time. Everything makes a difference. Take care of yourself because you are worth it, we're all worth the effort to be healthy and strong! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

fitbyforty 05-01-2013 07:58 AM

Awesome job!

elvislover324 05-01-2013 08:05 AM

Great job, cattails!! You have done amazing!!

I guess that sign on Pinterest I saw is true, "In a year, you'll be glad you started today." What a difference a year makes!

Keep up the good work. :)

Tibbits2u 05-01-2013 10:06 AM

Congrats ! happy one year anniversary !

betsy2013 05-01-2013 10:49 AM

Congratulations, Cattails! It's a much needed reminder this morning that in 8 months I'll be happy I started this journey (instead of my current state of being frustrated with a weight plateau!).

Cattails 05-02-2013 04:04 AM

Thank you! I can hardly believe how much I've changed in the past year. I saw that saying, "You'll be glad in a year that you started today," back when I started this effort and kept that in mind, only modifying it to "I'll be glad in 6 months, 3 months, 1 month, and 1 week, too!"

Fluffypuppy 05-02-2013 11:33 PM

Awesome post. Congrats and thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!

Lecomtes 05-03-2013 12:33 AM

Woot woot! Good for you cattails! Excellent commitment!