3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   NSV: First Old Pair of Jeans to Fit! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/279904-nsv-first-old-pair-jeans-fit.html)

NorthernChick13 04-17-2013 11:13 AM

NSV: First Old Pair of Jeans to Fit!

Hey everyone!

I finally had the cliche NSV today- old clothes shopping! I am a total pear shape and I swear I must still have 30 lbs to lose at least in my hips, butt, legs and saddle bags so I have been waiting to fit into jeans! I've lost almost 30 lbs so far and I am still wearing the same pants, shirts, everything. I found the 'old jeans fitting' NSV to be super elusive...until now!

lol my bedroom always looks like a tornado went through it so it can be a real challenge finding clothes that are clean. I was running late (it was 8:38 and I need to leave at 8:40!) and I found this pair of dark blue skinny jeans that when I last tried, I couldn't even get them over my thighs. I thought "screw it, I'm going to be late anyway!" and pulled them on...and...they got past my knee. I put the other leg...and OMG THEY FIT! Then, I was like, "well, they won't zip and button..." ....AND THEY DID!

They may be a little muffin-toppy, but they are reminiscent of a bran muffin or some other healthy muffin type. The jeans I have been wearing until now are a size 32 and these are a 31. I have no idea how that translates into 16, 18, 14, etc., but I am super pumped. TRA LA LA!

Enjoy a fabulous day of NSV's, everyone!

707Goddess 04-17-2013 01:15 PM

Good for you !!!! I know that feels great :)

punkrocksong 04-17-2013 01:20 PM

Great Job! That is so excited when your old clothes start to fit you. Actually...I'll be even more excited when my "new clothes" I've bought within the last six months fit me again.

I think the clothes fitting is way more important than the number on the scale...congrats...and keep up the good work!

Skettihead03 04-17-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 (Post 4709834)
They may be a little muffin-toppy, but they are reminiscent of a bran muffin or some other healthy muffin type.

Haha I love this! You go girl! :hug: :carrot:

the shiv 04-18-2013 01:42 PM

Aha!! That is awesome :D Your shredding is paying off! If I got off my a** I'd be right there with ya, lol ;)

Keep it up! :D :hug:

Mozzy 04-18-2013 07:19 PM

Super yay!

NorthernChick13 04-18-2013 08:20 PM

Thanks everybody!!! WOOO!! I tried on more pants today from my closet and they fit too! Lovin' it!

elvislover324 04-18-2013 09:14 PM

Somehow I missed this thread yesterday?!?!?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these NSV posts, yayyyyyy you!!!
:cp::cp::bravo::cp::cp:

I feel like I'm shopping when I go through my closet now except I don't have to pay this time around!!!

Kitcherella 04-19-2013 04:23 AM

Love closet shopping. :congrat: dear, love the muffin metaphor too!