I Lost Weight Over Christmas!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was terrified that I was going to gain weight over Christmas! I was so diligent and kept reminding myself that there would be so many other holidays I could enjoy eating what my heart desired at my goal weight. I felt I had to stay on track with my goals I have set forth. There were many days I popped on this forum for motivation. Sticking with my diet paid off! I lost 4lbs over the holiday. For holiday parties I made myself a Cake Batter Protein shake (187 calories! YUM!). I didn't eat fruits either. I stuck with veggies and mostly proteins! Turkey, turkey, turkey! Yes, I was very tempted many times but it all paid off.

Mini goal accomplished!

Feel free to share your holiday experience below!
  • Great job!!! Thats quite the accomplishment!
  • Way to go Scondy!
  • Way to go! feels amazing, doesn't it!

I keep saying myself "I LOST weight instead of GAINING for probably the first time in my life!"

I started my journey on December 12th 2012, and since then have lost a total of 12 pounds! Looking forward to many more victories.
  • 4lbs over christmas is amazing!!!!
  • Well done, great work ! I'm not weighing myself until new year's eve, but the best I'm hoping for is to have not gained any weight at this stage.
  • Way to go!!!!

I lost 11 lbs over the holidays. I was down 10 lbs before Christmas, and had to travel back east to see family and was concerned I would gain it all back but I just got back home today and weighed myself and I'm 1 lb lighter! Yes!

I feel like if I can accomplish a weigh loss over the holidays, nothing can stop me!
  • Super yay!!!
  • Congratulations Scondy! It's a great feeling. I lost weight over Christmas as well including an inch and a half off my waist over the past 3 weeks!

I followed a lot of what you did such as eating low calorie subsitutes, stayed drinking water to keep myself full, ate lots of lean proteins and veggies, but I have to have my fruit! I never denied myself things either. I couldn't eat 10 cookies at once like in the past, but I could have 2 and eat them slowwwwly to enjoy them.

I also kept up with my workout regimen and carried water, homemade protein bars and granola bars in my bag so I wouldn't get tempted as much with all of the snacks around. That worked really well for me.

Also congrats Lindsayanne! 12 pounds in 2.5 weeks is amazing.
  • Yay for you!!!

I lost weight over Christmas, too!
  • Congratulations to those who were able to get past such a difficult holiday! If we can lose weight over Christmas I know we can make it past the others. Next year I think I will add in a small slice of cake - preferably with as little icing as possible. I use to be the girl who demanded the corner piece. Yikes!
  • It’s really hard to tempt your cravings especially on Christmas. You really did a great job. It’s a motivation and inspiration to others.
  • yay congrats, I didn't gain over the holiday either
  • Congrats and happy new year!!! xo
  • wow, smooth move! congratz