The voices were wrong! I could do it!

• Yesterday, I finished my first EVER 8k event! My goal was to FINISH in 3 hours (two separate goals) and I hit the finish line at 2 hours, 13 minutes and even ran the last 50 feet! I am so proud of me for ignoring the voices that said I couldn't, that I was too fat, too out of shape, I hadn't practiced enough, I had went off my diet and regained weight. The voices were wrong! I felt so strong when I crossed the finish line and all the volunteers cheered, I was sure I had tapped into some kind of super power.

Next goal to do the UPHILL (very steep hill!) 5k (possibly the 10k). Anyone have any good suggestions for training?

Gotto go dance!
  • Good for you! I recently started to do some hill walking/jogging but I do it on a very short hill (the short end of a city block). That way, I can see the end!

Good luck with your goals. It sounds like you have a great attitude.
  • That's awesome! Way to go. Good luck with your training for the next event!
  • You rock!!!!!
  • Wow thats amazing hun you've done great. Good luck on your future events xxx
  • I love your title for this. I love telling those stupid voices to shut the heck up!
  • This is awesome and inspiring!
  • That's awesome!!
  • That is amazing! I had to tell my voices to be quiet the other day too...

when you are running do you continuously run or do you walk portions of the 8k?.. I want to do one but I am not sure I could run the entire time..