Successfully said NO to Soda

• I have reached a minigoal...

Mine was to eliminate Soda from my diet.

It took a whole month for me to wean myself off of it. I started by drinking fruit juices and water.

Then I only allowed 100% fruit juice for breakfast in the mornings, the rest of the day I'd have water.

Soda is around like 250 calories...extremely empty calories. I could have 4 multigrain granola bars and that'd be equal to one bottle of soda. Ridiculous how stupid soda is. It doesn't offer me anything but sugar and carbonic acid to decay my teeth. I'm so happy it's now 250 spent elsewhere.
  • That is great, but I have to tell you - fruit juice isn't a heck of a lot better for you. It's mostly sugar, highly acidic and also bad for the teeth. Especially if it's orange juice (or lemon or lime). if it's apple or grape juice, it's just pure sugar.

http://www.abc.net.au/health/talking...m#.UGBlJqRYv8Q

It is so much better to eat an apple or eat an orange than to drink it as you get the fiber associated with the fruit.
  • Quote: I have reached a minigoal...

Mine was to eliminate Soda from my diet.

It took a whole month for me to wean myself off of it. I started by drinking fruit juices and water.

Then I only allowed 100% fruit juice for breakfast in the mornings, the rest of the day I'd have water.

Soda is around like 250 calories...extremely empty calories. I could have 4 multigrain granola bars and that'd be equal to one bottle of soda. Ridiculous how stupid soda is. It doesn't offer me anything but sugar and carbonic acid to decay my teeth. I'm so happy it's now 250 spent elsewhere.
    I hear ya & Congrats ! I use to have 1 caf free coke a day. Yestersay I said hello to it in the grocery store but don't really miss it & I was an addict.
  • That is great!!! I did the same thing and it's been about 3 months since my last soda. It is worth every bit of it, because then you eventually stop wanting them and they definitely don't taste the same after you haven't had one in a while!
  • Quote: That is great, but I have to tell you - fruit juice isn't a heck of a lot better for you. It's mostly sugar, highly acidic and also bad for the teeth. Especially if it's orange juice (or lemon or lime). if it's apple or grape juice, it's just pure sugar.
    ^This

You did an awesome thing though, not drinking soda. Not only is it empty calories, it has tons of nasty chemicals in it. I was a diehard Diet Coke drinker for years but I kicked the habit and haven't had one since. I don't even crave it! Good for you & keep up the good work!!
  • That's awesome! I'm trying to kick my diet coke habit at the moment, so this is definitely inspiring.
  • Congratulations! Cutting out soda was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. It's a hard habit to break, so you deserve a hug!
  • Awesome no soda!!! I have gotten rid of soda!!! My enemy is gatorade!! Not time to get rid of that an only water!!! Today is first day without Gatorade!! Yay go me!!! An all the other ladies knocking out the sodas!!!
  • Awesome job! I haven't had anything but water to drink in a month. I'd rather spend those calories on food.
  • I sooooo admire your strength. I quit cold turkey 6 cans a day Diet Coke on Sunday and I've felt like I've had the flu this whole week.

Amazing job!
  • Good job!