Down from 270 to 199 (with pic)

• I'm going to *try* to keep this short because I'm saving that really long-winded post about my journey for when I reach my final goal. But I figured I'd share this with you guys because A) being under 200 lbs is a big deal and B) I need a reminder that I actually look a LOT different than I did at the beginning. Lately I've been feeling like I'm still just as big as I was then, and I'm not—that's all in my head.

Anyway, I'm actually down to about 187 right now, but I don't have any pics at the moment. Besides, I felt like getting under 200 lbs was a big achievement so that's what I'm showing off.

The picture on the left is from about 2 years ago and the pic on the right is from about a month ago. I've been taking it slow and it's working for me. For the past few years I've been going back and forth between counting calories and working out a few times a week to not trying at all. Of course I've learned enough that even when I'm not trying, I'm maintaining. It's been a good pace for me and I've been comfortable with it.

Actually, that's my biggest piece of advice for anyone who is struggling right now: if you stop losing weight, that's okay. Just try not to gain any and you can pick back up when you're ready. I've done that several times in the past 2 years and it's worked for me. Every 10 lbs or so I find I'm a little happier with the way I look and feel a little healthier. Right now, I still don't have a visible collar bone, but I'm enjoying my new jawline (which is even more pronounced thanks to the 10+ lbs I've lost since this photo). So find new things about your body changing that you like. Sure, it's not the body you want in the long run, but enjoy the small changes as they happen.

Now I'm not taking any breaks because I'm getting married in May and I want to get down to my goal weight by then. Wish me luck.
  • Wow. You look really good!
  • That's great, such a transformation, well done!

Good luck with the rest of your journey, fingers crossed that you meet your goal by your wedding.
  • Looking so good!
    PS I love the tardis shirt
  • Great job! Good advice for everyone, and you look wonderful! Congrats on your upcoming wedding--I'm sure you'll make it to goal by then!
  • What an amazing difference! How great you must feel!
  • Congrats!!! Such an inspiration... after MONTHS of trying to lose, I am so close to 199 I can feel it! Thanks for the extra motivation!
  • Congrats on both your weight loss and upcoming wedding! You look amazing!
  • While I agree with the others who say you look great, the best thing I see when I look at those pictures is your smiling face-- you look really happy! Congrats on onederland, I remember jumping up and down when I finally got there.. haha.
  • Congrats! You not only look great, but your advice for plateaus is great too!
  • Brilliant work! and great advice.