Ran my first 8k yesterday and beat my goals!

• I'm feeling quite proud of myself. I had two goals: run the first 4 kilometres without stopping, and run the whole thing in under an hour. I ended up running the first 6 and a half kilometres without stopping, only stopped for a minute, and then ran the rest of the way. I also ran the whole thing in 58 minutes and 41 seconds!
  • That is awesome!! Congrats! I run my first 8k in October. Thanks for the inspiration
  • Yeah!! Awesome. So happy for you
  • Wow, that's amazing! Very inspiring... I can't wait to get my run on!
  • Thankyou guys! I had so much fun that I decided to join the local running team here who have a 5k race every week.
  • That's so amazing... like, I suck at running. There's no way I could run for that long without taking a break! It must've been really hard! Congratulations!
  • That's awesome, congrats
  • Thank you guys!
    Spiritix: I sucked at running as well when I started. I struggled to run for 5 minutes straight when I started. I can now run for 45 minutes straight. The more you do it the easier it gets.
  • Congrats on your big run! If you are looking for specific runs/events, www.active.com has all kinds of 3k all the way up to marathons! Most of them benefit charities and special events. I am walking (I haven't made it up to running yet - maybe next year!) my first one in October and I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for the inspiration!